tues report

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

tues report

Postby BASSTRACKER » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:30 pm

water is at the first slats,and about 5ft deep. by end of week i think it may be nearly unlaunchable without muddin it. dropped noticeably just during the 7 hours i was out. fishing though was thrue the roof! sorry basshunter but you missed out with the boat trouble.lost track of all the lmb i was catching,all small maybe 8-10in but fun just the same,all on a variety of lures from cranks to plastic worms to spinnerbaits. i kept upsizing trying to get bigger bass but to no avail by the end of the day i was catching 8 in bass on 6in lures! cant wait till they get bigger!but the real story of the day were the tucs,just about everybank all over the lake was exploding! where the little talapia were the tucs were! all over and all you had to do was keep casting till you caught thier intrest."mud casting"!!! if you wernt putting the lure on the bank you wernt catching!literally you had to roll it off the bank to get hit,anything 1ft or more from the bank didnt get a second look!! they were keyed on the baitfish hugging the bank,today and from what i heard yesterday were the same and anyone fishing from the bank would have it easier then us boat guys, i was parked in inchs of water casting parallel to the shore most of the day.action ranged up and down with all spots equal no matter where you were bustin goin on all day long.had luck with top waters and small plastic jerkbaits. so many hits and blowups i was numb. did get about 2 dozen nice tucs in the 1-2lb range and got a few over 2lb to boot. no monsters but considering this may be the last boat trip for awhile what a way to go out!! get it while you can!!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:49 pm

Thats great to hear. Sounds like you had a blast! If I get a chance, I'll go to the Dole office and try to speak with someone who knows what the game plan with the lake is. I'll give a first hand report if I find out anything. Thanks for the valuable info on casting onto the bank. I saw the same thing last weekend with the bait fish being chased up onto the banks.

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:23 am

I guess I picked a bad week to get busy with work ! But it looks like owning a kayak is a good idea in the near future ! Stealth Attack Kayak strikes again ( if necessary ).

HFFA-TC
bass level

Postby HFFA-TC » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:23 pm

As I write this, the water level is at 62.33 and dropping about a half foot a day. Remember, the State has told Dole to keep the level at between 60-65 feet. Dole has previously kept the level at 60 feet so by Monday of next week the water level should be kept constant at 60 feet-of course this depends on the weather.

Hey Basstracker, thanks for the info. The Club is taking the Punahou cub scouts out for an outing (and their fishing patch) this weekend. Maybe we can catch something other than red devils! LOL
See you on the Lake

MIKE

Float Tube 27
master baiter level

Postby Float Tube 27 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:49 pm

nice fish

Return to “Fishing Reports”