Been busy (Fishing 11/21)

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Modest_Man
bass level

Been busy (Fishing 11/21)

Postby Modest_Man » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:34 pm

Went out last Tuesday, but haven't been aound a computer for a while. (Was backpacking on Maui till today.)

Landed a scrawny largemouth between 1-1 1/2 lbs off the boat launch with live bait. No tag on the guy, but he didn't look good. Very sunken belly.

Also landed a nice 3-3 1/2 lb tuc off the boat launch, the pic doesn't do it justice. I have trouble holding a net and a camera at the same time I guess...and I have massive trouble holding the fish by hand. Can you say cut fingers? :P The diameter of the net is 18" and he was longer by about 4-5".

I was out for about an hour and a half...saw a few more tucs (one about 5 lbs, wouldn't go near my bait).

Next time I want to focus on red devils...I catch them on live bait, but it's more hit and miss. Same with live crayfish (I think I use ones that are too large). What should I use if I want to focus on the devils?

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:47 pm

Great catch. You need to get one of those Goga-grip things to hold the fish. It's a great way to "handle" fish without having to touch them. (you can also hold them closer to the camera when someone is taking your picture so they look bigger)

Aloha,
Stan

Return to “Fishing Reports”