How was the fishing in lake wilson for 2009?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

How was the fishing in lake wilson in 2009?

excellent
13%
good
13%
average
50%
below average
13%
poor
13%

Total votes: 8

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

How was the fishing in lake wilson for 2009?

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:12 am

I was wondering how the freshwater fishing for you all for 2009? I thought it was the worst year this decade. In general, it was better than saltwater fishing and I did okay but when you compare 2009 with other years past there was a big drop off.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:39 am

Well, since this was my first year getting back into freshwater fishing, I really can't compare 09 to prior years. I have heard from numerous anglers how "this year sucks", etc. The spawn was late, the water levels fluctuated too much, etc. So many people would say how you could go out and easily catch 80-100 Tucs. While I did have many excellent days on the points, but I guess "excellent" is relative.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:49 pm

We had good days and bad days.
Some of the days we caught less than a dozen fish were more fun than the days we landed 100+ fish.
Guess it's just how you look at it.

The spring time spawn wasn't as productive as other years. The fish were there in big numbers and spawning. But just about the time the water cleared up and we started really catching..... it would rain and the water level would rise and get all muddy so you couldn't see anything. :cry:

I don't remember seeing as many live bait guys fishing the points and hauling in 100 fish.... But some of us did. :D

We had good days of schooling fish and then not so good days.
Well, any day I can get out on the lake and do some fishing is a Good Day for me.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:08 pm

im with stan, good days and bad days. on the good side i got out more often and rarely got skunked. bad side was water level kept so low and up and down, and fishing in general seemed much worse than past years. all in all 5 or 6 outa 10

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:13 pm

Fishing is always bad for me because I suck and I don't go enough. Seriously though, I did catch my personal best tuc, but most days it was really tough out there. I voted "average"
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:58 pm

I thought fishing was good I didn't. Quit fishing so its not bad didn't catch a 100+ tucs but more steady freddy a couple to 20 tucs a day no schoolers on. Points just chasin busts in the evenings. I think the only year I would say would be bad if they drained the lake bone dry. If there's water and fish in it its good fishin catch or no catch

Return to “General Discussion”