Tackle "Ho" shopping in Yokohama, Japan

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Tackle "Ho" shopping in Yokohama, Japan

Postby kahuna bass » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:27 am

Greetings All,

Had the opportunity to stop in Yokohama, Japan, prior to heading back to San Diego, and I jumped all over it!!

Just wanted to give you some information on fishing takle shopping here in Japan.

First, there is no other place like it!! Hide your wallets, credit cards, lunch money, bingo money, etc.etc.......It's like a kid in a candy store :P

When it come's to bass fishing, this is the place to shop!!

My favorite hangout is the "Tackle Berry" fishing stores. They specialize in "used tackle", at great prices. Don't let the "used" part scare you, most of the stuff, are excellent quality, if not "new".

When you walk in, it's all about fishing. Though there's many different types of fishing here in Japan, Large Mouth bass fishing is one of their favorites. Bass fishing folks here have no problem buying the high end fishing gear.

Most of the guys I fish here with , will sell rods, reels and terminal tackle after a couple years of use, and get the newest and top of the line tackle. It's not uncomon to walk into Tackle Berry, and watch someone trade in their "old stuff", just to go down the street to the "high end" tackle store and buy the new stuff :evil:

You can spend hours, just going through the rows of fishing stuff!! Lures, lures, lures after lures, you get the point. Most of the selections are only available here in Japan. Mega bass, Lucky craft, OSP, Fish arrow, Imakatsu, just to name a few. Yes, names listed can be found in the U.S., but not the selections that are only sold in Japan.

I wanted to spend more time looking, I was afraid, looking would end up spending :twisted: Alright, I lied, I spent, as always too much.....

Down the street from Tackle Berry was Sansui Tackle store. This is stricly "High End".

The selection is enormous. Everything you need for fishing, they have it. However, its a little too much for my over used credit cards :twisted: This is where you spend more time looking!!!

Wanted to get more pictures, but my camera battery was running low (no more money for batteries, just fish'n stuff :wink: )

By the way Skunked, I picked up a Metanium MG7, almost new, for under 175.00 8) I'm almost the tackle "King Ho" like you 8) 8)

Now, I just have to hide all my new toys and credit card reciepts from my better half. Ah, no worries, just more sucking up to the wife :roll:

That's it for now, from Yokohama, Japan. Leaving tommorrow, cant wait to get back here(early next year). If a couple of you guys need some used tackle, maybe we can work something out, prior to my next trip to Japan. Let me know if anyone is interested in fish'n stuff.

Bass regards, Mel "Kahuna Bass"
Darkside live baiter, Jr "King tackle Ho" to Skunked!!! :wink:
If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

skunked
King Sushi level

Re: Tackle "Ho" shopping in Yokohama, Japan

Postby skunked » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:35 am

[quote

By the way Skunked, I picked up a Metanium MG7, almost new, for under 175.00 8) I'm almost the tackle "King Ho" like you 8) 8)
[/quote]
You just had to throw that in there huh?! I think I spent about $315 on mine. Bah! Looks like you had a great time Mel. Some of the pics aren't showing up, but the text was good enough. Very interesting. Did you see any used Steez baitcasters? How much$$??
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:34 pm

Mel,
I re-sized your pictures so they should load a lot quicker.
I'm geting the heavy tackle ready and catching the big baits....
Aloha,
Stan
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Postby kahuna bass » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:04 pm

Thanks Stan!!

That's mo betta!!!! I'll send some pictures of the swimbaits I bought. What would sell for 50.00 - 100.00U.S., I got them for under 20.00 each.

Mega bass lures - 5.00 to 20.00, Lucky craft 3.00 to 15.00, just to name a few.

Skunked,
I did see a couple used Steez bait casters, 250.00 - 300.00
Really nice reels, I'm just a Shimano guy :wink:

If the Tucs are on the chew, with the baby Tuc's. It's time to throw the big stuff :twisted:

Looking forward to heading your way next weekend.

Bass regards, Mel "Kahuna bass"
Darkside live baiter :twisted:
If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

Return to “General Discussion”