A Very Good Friday

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

A Very Good Friday

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:10 pm

We hit the north side of Kemoo Island a little after 8:00 and the water was boiling with schooling peacock bass and jumping shad. When the clouds covered the sun, the action really picked up.
The lures we used..... Tiny Torpedo surface lures, little gold CastMasters, and small white Bass Assassin and Senkos. It was wild seeing the fish chasing the shad and our lures all around the boat.

Bobby: "I'll just take a photo and email it back to the office.
Eat your heart out guys. You watch, I bet they call back within 5 minutes."

We weren't the only ones taking advantage of the action.

This was one of the larger fish Bobby caught.... How big did you say that was? :lol:

This was defiantly the prettiest one. Look at those deep rich colors.

Well Kiss My Bass.

Even caught one of these colorful Red Devils.

One of many "Doubles" on live bait over by Morgans Pt.... Sorry, couldn't take pictures of the many "Triple" hookups. Only have two hands.

Yes we did catch some of the same fish twice... Check out the 2 hooks in this fishes mouth. And I was so sure it was a "10 Pounder" that broken my line a few minutes ago.
Last edited by Stan Wright on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

BadBass
master baiter level

Postby BadBass » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:49 pm

Wow guys, nice catches. One day ill get those darn peacocks in a frenzy!

Good Day,
Badbass
one badbass fisherman

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:27 pm

I found myself in the center of several frenzys today. I cast in (and over) the busting peacocks, only to come up empty. I was using a large silver kastmaster to no avail, except for one foul hooked bass. Maybe small gold IS the way to go. :?

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:44 am

We had the same problem... just keep changing till you find something that works... Our best luck was on the 2 inch white Senko. The peacock bass were feeding on those tiny shad.

On Sat., Chris was fly fishing and they just killed them on small white or small silver flys. Match The Hatch.

I was thinking a plastic bubble, a 4 foot leader, and either a plastic twister tail, a small white fly of some kind, or a glitter strip. I know they work.

Those shad they were feeding on are only an inch or so long.... silver or white in color, with a hint of purple.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”