Rare sighting

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

Rare sighting

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:04 pm

I am posting this report because I saw something that I have not seen in years but first the report. I went out on the south fork today from about 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm. It was cloudy with a few light showers. very humid and hot. Light wind. The water was super green. The fishing was poor. I caught one red devil. I only caught 2 tucs. One was 2 pounds and the other was about 1.75 pounds. I also caught a bass, he was about 17 inches long, healthy but on the skinny side.

Now for the unusual sighting. I saw a wild fingerling lm bass! I can not remember the last time I saw one. I saw him hunting the shoreline so I decide to catch him. I missed him twice and finally caught him on a fly. Was about 3 inches long.

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:54 pm

I saw one lone fingerling by Boy Scout Island about a year ago. I also succeeded in catching it, but on a little piece of Gulp earthworm. It was so cool looking. An exact replica of an adult bass. Not like some fish that change in appearance from baby to adult.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

Boatless
King Sushi level

Postby Boatless » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:16 pm

actually, the last time we hiked the north fork, I got a couple of 3" smallmouth. hope they make their way down to the main basin.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:29 pm

it just shows how hardy largemouth can be, even as bad as they have had it some still spawned,always a glimmer of hope. i havent seen a fingerling since 2006 when they released 2000 of em. for a few months seemed the little guys were everywhere. tagged fish in the 6-8 inch range biting all sorts of lures. then they disappeared,hope there are more little ones growing up out there.

Return to “Fishing Reports”