night fishing?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

fisher dude
King Sushi level

night fishing?

Postby fisher dude » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:37 pm

any body did night fishing for cats? any better bigger ones or more action just wondering never tried it. thinking about it

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:49 am

I went several times last summer. Did ok. It wasn't really any better than going in the late evening/dusk. All my larger ones were caught in the late afternoon/evening. Its fun to go at night, just for the change. Get a pack of those chem lights that attach to a bobber and/or fish livers off the bottom. Don't forget the musubi's and beer! 8)

fisher dude
King Sushi level

road warrior

Postby fisher dude » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:08 am

if u dont mind what kind of bait do you use on your bobber same thing livers. and do you eat the catfish are they any good. and whats the biggest u caught i know the record is pretty big and i caught big tucs already i kind of want to try see if i can figure out the cats and try to catch a big one. u think theres still twenty plus pounders.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:04 pm

I still think "live bait" is the best for catfish.....
and peacock bass, and red devils, and......
:lol: :lol: :lol:

As far as eating the fish...
I understand it's safe to eat the fillets.
DO NOT, make soup with the heads, and guts, and bones.
DO NOT eat the eyes or guts or brains.
JUST eat the fillets.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

fisher dude
King Sushi level

thats funny

Postby fisher dude » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:58 pm

so if u eat the filet u can probly get really sick but not die. but if u make soup with the head or guts or eyeballs u can die. there should be signs on river like u hear on tv for different prescriptions.fillets edible but side affects could have the following: nasea, upset stommach,dissiness, loss of appitite or death. ill stick with the can tuna. nah im sure theres lots of people eating fish from the river i never heard of one person getting sick from the river but heard of alot of people getting sick from ciguateria from the ocean.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:58 pm

Worms on the bobber, livers on the bottom. I've eaten the catfish several times. No problems at all. I ended up keeping one today to add to my collectionj in the freezer! :lol: My "record" if you will is a modest 8.5 lbs.

Return to “General Discussion”