Sat, June 27 Fishing Report

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

bassnman
minnow level

Sat, June 27 Fishing Report

Postby bassnman » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:16 am

The water was so low that there were no trailered boats today. I managed to launch my two-man plastic boat from the back of my pick up truck. The water around the ramp was quite dirty so I headed towards the dam. Along the way, I spotted groups of peacock bass along the bank. Some were paired up and appeared to be spawning. Others were simply cruising. They ignored lures, but some of them were willing to bite a live minnow. Around Boy Scout Island there were some schoolies out in the middle of the lake. They would chase and bust a topwater lure, but they somehow managed to avoid the hooks. I got as far as Morgan's Point on my trolling motor before I turned around. Peacock bass were hiding among the fallen logs and I boated 18 throughout the day. Quite af few fish broke my line as they wrapped around underwater branches. Most weighed 1.5 - 2 pounds with the largest pushing a little over 3 pounds. I saw a couple of bigger ones but they would not bite. Also caught quite a few red devils, an oscar, and a snakehead. All in all, lots of action if you can get on the water. Good luck fishing!
Good fishin'!

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:32 pm

Good to hear..... Always nice when people are catching fish. We'll give it a try next week.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”