New to the Board

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:32 pm

bsp, I caugth the fish on shrimp meat when I was fishing for small reef fish. I kept getting my hook crushed flat by something until I found out it was a puffer fish. I tied on a #8 bronze hook and had that one crushed as well. Finally, I tied on a #2 stainless steel hook and got that bugger on the line...but it cut me off in deep water after it made its second run. :?

bsp
master baiter level

Postby bsp » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:23 pm

Stan: That's what I told him because when I have been there before I have seen them!
Mark: Nice Omilu! That must have pulled like a firecracker yellow! What size lure did you catch it on?
Dave: I will be sure to mention what the local doctors said when I get there.
Ken: How big was that puffer?
Last question to everybody: Has anybody ever tried berkley saltwater (or freshwater) gulp? I have used them with success for corbina and barred surf perch (my namesake) but I wanted to know if they would work on Oahu. If you haven't heard of it then google it.
Last edited by bsp on Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

surfspot
bass level

lure size

Postby surfspot » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:15 pm

It was on a 1/2 oz. m
mw

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:03 pm

I don't know exactly...but it was at least 14" long...and given that puffers has a wide body, I figure it was at least 2lbs.

bsp
master baiter level

Postby bsp » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:03 pm

Ken wrote:I don't know exactly...but it was at least 14" long...and given that puffers has a wide body, I figure it was at least 2lbs.

yum, fugu... Congrats on the almost catch. I had something like that happen to me except a lifeguard cut my line and not my fish.

mark: thanks, now I know which size lure of yours to order when I get the money.

1 week to go!

Return to “General Discussion”