Catch and Release???

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Yeah roadwarriorsvt is right about the chicken liver..The HFFA caught a bunch of catfish about two weeks ago for testing. I was killing em on chicken liver. Once you fish for a little bit and your liver scent starts getting dispersed in the water..the catfish really start to come out and get lively. After about an hour of staying on one spot..every time I dropped some liver down they would bite it. I used a little different rig though...I had a fairly large trebel hook about the size on a deep diving crankbait. I would pinch the liver off with my fingers and get a decent size chunk..use the white stringy parts to get them to stay on hook better. I just used a small split shot for weight. If you are fishing from the shore and need to cast your bait try this; get a snap lock(kinda like a swivel but it doesn't have the swivel just the snap) instead of trying to wrap the liver around the trebel hook take the snaplock and thread it through the liver and up the line a bit. Then clip the hook to the snap and slide the liver back down. It works so much better for keeping the liver on your hook..it takes a little longer to re-bait but it's definitely worth it if you need to cast. I saw this on some fishing show a long time ago..tried it and it really worked well.

Return to “General Discussion”