Todays Hot Lures

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:44 am

I have some white ones.... I wonder if other colors might work?
I'm visiting Japan in May and hope to find some of those tackle shops your always talking about.

We tried live bait that week and ... Nothing!
Even the Red Devils wouldn't take it.
The peacock bass refused it. We cast live bait at fish chasing lures and they wouldn't even take it. It was lures only.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Postby kahuna bass » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Stan,

Do your homework before you leave in May. I belive you can google: Tackleberry fishing and Sansui tackle stores. There are others, but those two are my favorites.

At Tackleberry, 50% - 75% are used tackle inventory. I will spend a couple hours on each visit, just going thru, looking for bargins.

Used Lucky craft sammy's, 3.00 to 5.00, plastic worms packs 1.00 to 3.00(depending on manufacture). Yamamoto Senko's, Ika's & creatures baits (3.00 to 7.00). Often, I look for baits that are "only sold in Japan". Also, swimbaits(15.00 to 50.00). I would easly pay double the price, in the USA.

You'll find them. Be prepared to spend money :cry:

Enjoy.... :twisted: Have fun... :wink:

Bass regards, Mel - Kahuna bass
If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

I make that 2.5" senko

Postby Filthyfisherman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:15 am

Hello.. My name is Jeff Choi and I just moved to Hawaii from Pennsylvania. I own and operate Filthyfishermen Bait Co. Filthyfishermen.com... I make senko style bait and much more!! I can make you guys that 2.5" and a 5.5" Senko in any color. I have started fishing wilson with not much luck..... I wanted to say hello to all and let everyone know that I am establishing my business here... I undercut Yamamoto.. Sell cheaper and the quilty is far better.. I fishd in B.A.S.S opens and FLW opens and have done farly good in the East coast fishing Bass tournaments.... I would like to met some field testers to test my baits here... Gimme a shout.... Jeff CHoi

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:15 pm

Jeff,
So, when are you ready to go?
Stan
352-6197

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Postby kahuna bass » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:37 am

Greetings Jeff,

Welcome to the islands!

As you have read already, senko style baits are a favorite here. Stan and Chris have mastered the "ways", espically with the white 2" senko.

Though the senko bait drive's me crazy (wife has caught 3 over 10lb's - Southern Cal), I've always had luck on the really salty senko's. I'm always looking for the packs with the thickest salt content(squeeze test). So, do you make senko style baits, that are really heavy in "salt"?

Of course, the downside, more salt - bait tears easy. :(

I've tried many other senko style baits, but have always gone back to Yamamoto. Hopefully, yours will emulate the proven one :wink:

Good luck with your bussiness, on the islands.

Bass regards, Mel - Kahuna bass
Darkside live baiter
If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:09 am

Yes,, the salt is a key to my lures.... I use a coffee grinder to powderize the salt so I can pack as much into it as possible..... Also,, my baits dont tare... Strong highest quility plastisol I can find... And soft as heck too.... Wen you pack salt into them COLOR is the problem... Its gets off and unconsistant... Another reason I grind it..... I ve been making lures for 10 years now and am one of best at it.... I got to get them out to you guys to try.. there the best... I fishd yamamoto for years.. I got him... I can make better... Plus wat ever you guys want custom, I can make......

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:27 am

Jeff, I think some "Field Testing" is in order.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You've probably never before seen the way that Chris fishes a Senko.

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Report 3-30-10

Postby Filthyfisherman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:12 pm

Launched from underbridge two person kayak. 10:30-1pm Sunny, brezzy, Landed one LM Bass round 2lbs range. Caught on my 2.5" stick I been callin Neshanimy Speacial in Chartuese color with 2/0 EWG hook and no weight.... Fishin 45 degree banks maybe steeper in 6-8 ft water... Dead stickin....

Return to “Fishing Reports”