Lake Wilson rules?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

ckjacobus
bait level

Lake Wilson rules?

Postby ckjacobus » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:09 pm

Is there any licenses or memberships that I need to get before I can fish Wilson? I would like to get out there but want to make sure I am legal first, and if anyone has any pointers that would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Nothing better than fishing

FishinFrenzy
King Sushi level

Rules

Postby FishinFrenzy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:01 am

Hey Chris,
Welcome! You'll need a freshwater license along with a lake permit. Both can be obtained at Sports Authority or Wal-Mart among other places. The license is around $5 or so and the permit is free. There are no mandatory memberships. I've heard you need a life jacket even if you are on shore but I've never seen anyone with one and there are a lot of bank fisherman at times so I'm not sure if that rule (if it is one) is enforced. I do know it is mandatory for boaters or anyone on the water though. Hot, sunny weather seems to be the ticket for the tucs but cloudy days are good at times too. A lot of people use live bait but I prefer lures because I enjoy the challenge, plus live bait is just too easy. I believe if you have confidence in what you are whipping you'll usually do good but sometimes, like lately, they are reluctant to bite much of anything including live bait. Last week I had some luck on spinnerbaits and also 4" pumpkinseed/chartruese worms. Small jerkbaits and Senkos normally are great and if you can get a hold of some Road Runner jigs and Beetle Spins they work well too. A tactic for top water is of course Zara Spooks and small prop baits but when they won't hit them try a bubble float with a fly or a small light jig trailing a few feet behind it or just try a flyrod if you use one. The tucs still seem to be spawning a bit so sight fishing is good if you can spot them but I think they might be nearing the end. If the bass won't make my day I always carry along my flyrod and the red devils take up the slack plus they're pretty fun. Just practice catch and release, relax, and enjoy this paradise God has given us. After all, a bad day of fishing beats a good day at work ANYTIME!! Hope this helps.

Aloha,
Dave
Dave

"A bad day of fishin is better than ANY day at work"

Return to “General Discussion”