Bass Pro Shops: Slow shipping to Hawaii

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

FishinFrenzy
King Sushi level

Postby FishinFrenzy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:56 am

Skunked I do have to say you sound like you've got bitten by the collecttion bug pretty darn bad brah. I think I agree...you do need the help! :)
Dave

"A bad day of fishin is better than ANY day at work"

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:32 am

Ok, so I received a BPS gift card for my birthday two months ago. I decided to order a rod (BPS Pro XPS Finesse ML casting) because I remember liking the feel of it when I checked it out in March (Katy, TX store). They indicated that it was shipped on 10/8/08 via PARCEL POST (what!!). I just felt like documenting the process here. I think I'm looking at another 3 week wait like the last time. Hopefully, it arrives intact at least.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

bsp
master baiter level

Postby bsp » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:24 pm

Even in California, BPS takes forever to get here. Cabela's takes 3 or 4 days, but BPS takes about a week.

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:54 pm

I order almost exclusively from Cabelas due to their superior shipping policy. I have even received items from them via UPS when I didn't specify nor pay extra for. BPS always send via slow boat from China so I only order from them when I can wait, and the item is BPS exclusive, otherwise it's Cabelas all the way.
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:41 am

skunked wrote:Ok, so I received a BPS gift card for my birthday two months ago. I decided to order a rod (BPS Pro XPS Finesse ML casting) because I remember liking the feel of it when I checked it out in March (Katy, TX store). They indicated that it was shipped on 10/8/08 via PARCEL POST (what!!). I just felt like documenting the process here. I think I'm looking at another 3 week wait like the last time. Hopefully, it arrives intact at least.

I received part of my order yesterday. It's a can of Whoop A$$ Chili Mix. This stuff is great!! The rod and the chili are the only things I ordered, so it was funny receiving a box with just a can of chili mix in it. We'll see how much longer the rod takes to get here. 15 days and counting....

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:26 pm

I received my 2 rods from Cabela's and one rod from Bass Pro yesterday.
The Cabela's order was placed on 10/21
The BPS order was placed on 10/8
They arrived on the SAME DAY!
Big Difference!!
All arrived intact. I did receive a broken rod once. That's another risk we take living in paradise.

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:21 am

Old thread revival! Things haven't changed with Bass Pro! Ordered another BPS Carbonlite baitcasting reel on 6/11. Received it on 7/1/11. SLOW!!! Oh well, at least it was on sale. Pretty nice reel. I think of it as a poor man's Revo Premier. Probably made in the same factory in Korea. Happy 4th of July to everyone!

Return to “General Discussion”