Largemouth Bass Health?

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Largemouth Bass Health?

Postby Ca_Bass » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:42 pm

Just curious if anyone has seen any of those really sickly LMB I would to see all the time a few years ago? It's been awhile for me. Seems like there are steady reports of healthy LGM. I wonder what's changed?[/code][/list]

black jackk
bait level

Postby black jackk » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:46 pm

Following some kills, anglers have reported catching fewer bass, especially bigger fish. But indications are that an infected fishery will recover within a year or two. More largemouth bass are killed annually in the U. S. by other known diseases than by LMBV.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:01 am

Saw 3 really sick looking peacock bass last week. Covered with a kind of white slime.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:09 am

Stan Wright wrote:Saw 3 really sick looking peacock bass last week. Covered with a kind of white slime.

I saw one also. It had splotches on it and looked like it was missing its top fins. It was just floating along an inch or so under the water. In retrospect, I think I should have scooped it up and either given it to Annette (DLNR) or atleast killed it to prevent the possible spread of any disease.....

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:20 pm

I saw a couple yesterday and I think I saw a bluegill that had the same deal going on..I have seen these from time to time in the past 4 years. They aslo get a grey haze over their eyes, I have no clue what it is.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:07 pm

saw several dead dried up tucs around a lb beached up on kemoo island saturday too

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:23 pm

BASSTRACKER wrote:saw several dead dried up tucs around a lb beached up on kemoo island saturday too

Garret and I also saw one on Kemoo Is. along the finger leading to the dam.

Return to “Fishing Reports”