saturday on the lake.

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

saturday on the lake.

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:30 pm

got out early and glad cause it got crowded fast.a bit too early actually,it was dark at the ramp when i launched and man thats a LOOOOONG way to back up in the dark with no guide!!dunno why i hit it so early fish dont seem to wake up till 10 or so anyway hahahaha habit i guess.well good news is the tucs are up and about like stan said, definatley not as good as friday i guess but started out with a 3-4lb tuc on my third cast near a tree at county yard. got him to the boat big bump on the head ready to spawn! mouth full of crankbait sideways and i hesitated to grab him, reached for the bogagrip and damn its like trying to grab a fly with chopsticks! lost him noooo pic i was bummed!! hmmmmmmm come to think of it maybe he was 5-6lbs hahahahah.little bass busting here and there all over but have to be really lucky to get em, nothing sustained.water level is getting low for sure and color isgreen/brown maybe 1-2ft visibility in the main basin and much less maybe 6inchs up near the ramp. water temp was 74 at launch and 80 by noon.lotsa boats out but not too bad still many fish and room to be had for all, holiday weekend or stans blabbermouth?? hahahah. did my best with soft plastics, had lots of trouble keeping fish buttoned up for some reason, catch 10 lose 7 kinda day although i lost count of the little guys. did get a huge red devil and even caught a tuc on a plastic worm, and i thought those stories were urban legends!! all in all a great day!

nuki
angler level

Re: saturday on the lake.

Postby nuki » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:20 am

BASSTRACKER wrote:got out early and glad cause it got crowded fast.a bit too early actually,it was dark at the ramp when i launched and man thats a LOOOOONG way to back up in the dark with no guide!!dunno why i hit it so early fish dont seem to wake up till 10 or so anyway hahahaha habit i guess.well good news is the tucs are up and about like stan said, definatley not as good as friday i guess but started out with a 3-4lb tuc on my third cast near a tree at county yard. got him to the boat big bump on the head ready to spawn! mouth full of crankbait sideways and i hesitated to grab him, reached for the bogagrip and damn its like trying to grab a fly with chopsticks! lost him noooo pic i was bummed!! hmmmmmmm come to think of it maybe he was 5-6lbs hahahahah.little bass busting here and there all over but have to be really lucky to get em, nothing sustained.water level is getting low for sure and color isgreen/brown maybe 1-2ft visibility in the main basin and much less maybe 6inchs up near the ramp. water temp was 74 at launch and 80 by noon.lotsa boats out but not too bad still many fish and room to be had for all, holiday weekend or stans blabbermouth?? hahahah. did my best with soft plastics, had lots of trouble keeping fish buttoned up for some reason, catch 10 lose 7 kinda day although i lost count of the little guys. did get a huge red devil and even caught a tuc on a plastic worm, and i thought those stories were urban legends!! all in all a great day!

I caught 5lb+ tuc and 20 inch +LG today. It seems like they are either suspeded or on the bottom. I caught 20+ LGs at one site. The crankbait and spinnerbait really worked great. :D

adpetree
bass level

Postby adpetree » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:04 am

i took the float tube out saturday as well, i was also at the lake before sunrise, ha ha. had pretty good luck with the largemouths with sort of a "junk fishing" approach. caught bass on spinnerbaits, cranks, lipless cranks, soft plastics, and even caught a decent one on a jig....i think the water being so low, and so stained made them kinda spread out....at least for me....
Thanks,

Adam

Return to “Fishing Reports”