first flyrod

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

fisher dude
King Sushi level

first flyrod

Postby fisher dude » Mon May 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Caught 2 small tucs 5 blue gills and 2 lm bass one 4 incher and one lbs healthy. Good day for first day I think my flies were a little small had a 3lb tuc tried hitting twice and kept missing pretty funny it looked like my dog trying to catch a fly. Something different and new for me had fun! Oh yeah and I caught about 3 overhanging trees hilarious not used to snagging trees 5 feet above the water lol!

fishtricity
minnow level

Postby fishtricity » Tue May 25, 2010 12:02 pm

what rod did you end up buying? what weight?

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Tue May 25, 2010 1:19 pm

its a 8 weight a little heavy for the river i found out after getting it but its fun i ordered from bass pro shops hobbs creek combo 4 piece i told them i fish for peacock bass in hawaii and they sent me this one but from what i hear a 6 weight is more ideal!

pogigod
bass level

Postby pogigod » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:02 pm

I'm actually thinking about taking up fly fishing again, but its been ages I know how to tie flys and how to fish with a fly rod, but I've never actually bought flyfishing tackle, anyone interested in showing me the ropes?

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Nervous waters flyrod shop only one I know of on island look up there website For directions!

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:47 am

Here is the Nervous Water site... http://www.nervouswaterhawaii.com/defau ... =2454&id=1
If you have any fly fishing questions, Sean will be happy to help you.

Check out "Clay's Blog". This week he has some pictures of peacock bass they caught using that new Tenkara Rod. (I'm ordering one)

I'm glad to hear you got the 4-piece travel rod. Much easier to transport. Don't worry about having an 8 weight rod. It will be handy to have if you are in the wind (like we had this last week).... and if you try saltwater for bonefish. (for the bones, you'll need a reel with a good drag and about 120 yards of backing) :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”