saturday fishing

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

fisher dude
King Sushi level

saturday fishing

Postby fisher dude » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:33 am

Saturday fishing was slow for me started fishing at 6:30 and finished at 12 only one bite a small 1lb bass on the small watermelon senko at about 11. how was the fishing for everyone else i think the weather was to nice!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:53 am

I went from about 4:30 pm to dusk. Got skunked. I'm thinking the rising water level screwed up the fishing...... :(

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:02 am

It seemed like when it was windy and rainy last week they were biting and saturday when it was nice and sunny nothing!

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

tough fishing

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:04 am

I went on Saturday, from about 6am to 9am. Fishing was disappointing. I caught 9 tucs and 1 small bass. Mostly stray fish. Had one small school feeding on the shad early, only caught one out of that school. They only stayed around for a short while and disappeared. I caught most on a crankbait, couple on the roadrunner, and one on a lipless crankbait.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:48 am

You're saying catching 9 Tucs is disappointing? I gotta start fishing with you!

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:21 pm

Two questions: Will you post a picture of that crankbait ?
If you fished from 6am to 9am, are you fishing from shore or do you live on the lake ? Curious minds want to know ......

adpetree
bass level

Postby adpetree » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:20 pm

im all about sharing some info to help others catch but, common man, find your own fish, its half the fun!!!
Thanks,

Adam

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Was I talking to you ????

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:23 pm

adpetree wrote:im all about sharing some info to help others catch

Then share away mang! We're listening... :)

adpetree
bass level

Postby adpetree » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:41 am

lol, im just saying, if your catching fish on a crankbait next to logs in 5ft, of water, i think you shouldnt be stingy, and you should post it to let people know. but to ask for a picture of the bait, and specific spots is a little much.....
Thanks,

Adam

adpetree
bass level

Postby adpetree » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:56 pm

and by the way, this IS NOT to offend abyine or piss anyone off. im not gonna say anything else. we're all fishermen here, and i respect all y'all.
Thanks,

Adam

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:29 pm

Just be happy we got a lake to fish in with bass could be worse and just talapia! :lol: so where's the picture of that rapala lol! :shock:

adpetree
bass level

Postby adpetree » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:59 pm

ha ha. trust me, i thank god every single day that i have at least one lake to fish in!!!!!
Thanks,

Adam

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:33 pm

Sorry for not responding sooner, I am prepping for an exam for work. Anyways, 9 fish is okay but I was expecting more action. I thought they would be schooling more. A lot of people are looking foward to spawning season, but I like the prespawn. From what I have read, tucs do not eat during the spawning process, therefore they have to feed heavily before spawning. The most efficent way for a brightly colored fish to feed up is to school up and herd schooling baitfish. The tucs become like locust. Their behavior changes and you get more action.

Adpetree has a point, figuring them out is half the fun ( for me anyways ) but everyone is different plus a lot of us do not have enough time to invest to do what it takes to find some of these things out.

I do not live on the lake. I fish only in the mornings because I work overnight and I sleep during the day. I fish from the shoreline. I posted before that IMO, bass fishing is best done from a boat and tuc fishing (especially for people who are beginners) is best done from shore. For example, most of the time when my friend is fishing from shore with another guy fishing in the same area on a boat, my friend will almost always out fish the guy in the boat. Not only that he will dominate them and he hardly fishes the lake, does mostly saltwater fishing. I know a lot of people do well from a boat though.

I can not afford a camera and my computer is 10 years old so I can not post pictures. If I did, I would post some pretty cool looking lures. BTW, the crankbait I was using was a plain old shad rap. See you on the lake.

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:27 am

Thanks for sharing that info.

Return to “Fishing Reports”