Tuc's at Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Tuc's at Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel

Postby kahuna bass » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:23 pm

Greetings all,

I had the pleasure of staying at the Village, my last trip to Honolulu. As I was enjoying all the pretty fishes at the various ponds on the grounds, I noticed a species of fish that I was familure with.

I looked, looked, and looked some more...........I was right, there are Tuc's in that pond. I counted more than a dozen Tucs (1.5 to 3.0 lbs), and even a couple large mouth bass.

I finally had a chance to speak with the ground/pond keeper, and he mentioned that they had brought some fish in about 6 months ago. He didn't say why, but it wasn't hard to figure what they were doing. Plans appear to eradicate some smaller fish from the pond. And what better than hungry Tuc's and LGM bass.

Next time, all I need is my fish'n rod and some live gold fish, and it's game on!!

Bass regards, Mel - Kahuna bass

[/img]
If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:28 pm

When I worked at the big ABC store next to the Intn'l Marketplace a couple of years ago, I noticed that there were 2 nice sized tucs in a pond at the Princess Kaiulani Hotel. Pretty cool! I thought about trading some macadamia nuts for the chance to fish in the pond! (joke)
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:47 am

The HFFA guys were ask to catch and transplant the peacock bass from Lake Wilson to the HHV last year. Your right... the little tropical fish in the hotel ponds were getting way out of hand. This is the first I've heard about how they were doing. :D
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:23 am

A Tuc is more colorful and prettier than a LMB to look at in my opinion. 8)

Brian F.
minnow level

Postby Brian F. » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:12 pm

What a coincidence! I was just there this weekend, staying in the Rainbow Tower, and noticed them on the way to our room. Those buggahs look like they are staying very healthy but it still looked like there were a lot of cichlids. I didn't see exactly what they were feeding on but did notice one case of fish being chased - lots of little ones jumping clear out of the water in all directions like a spray of water.

Isn't it the small mouth bass that wiped out those same type of cichlids at Hoomaluhia reservoir?
Aloha!
Brian F.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:35 pm

wonder if they will get mad when we get desperate enough to start launching boats into the pond?? sounds like good topwater fishin to me!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:09 pm

I say we all meet there about 5:00 pm for the evening bust! :lol:

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Postby kahuna bass » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:46 am

All,

Excellent Ideal, Soak our feet in the pond, while fishing of course. We can order drinks, with umbrellas and some nacho's. (and charge everything to: Mr. Stan Wright, Hawaiibassfishing.com) :twisted:

Now the big question, what's going to happen when the eradication is complete. :shock: BBQ Tuc on the menu 8)

Bass regards, Mel - Kahuna bass
Dark side live baiter at the Village :twisted:
If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:55 pm

NOOOOOOOO!! we may need them newly fattened tucs to restock our dry lake! hahahaha

Return to “General Discussion”