Friday Report

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Fresh&Salty
bass level

Friday Report

Postby Fresh&Salty » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Finding five trailers parked n the lot, made us the think the fishing must be good. After an absence of 6 months from the lake, it felt good being on the lake again. Great chatting with you Stan, too bad the fish were not cooperating. Just North of the Dam seemed where the fish should be, with 4 boats close by. Mr. Sun made a very brief appearance in the morning but the clouds were in force. The water sure felt cold. How cold was it Stan? Well just wanted to share a few pics of our morning fishing.

Never fish down wind of someone using chopsticks and wearing surgical gloves, trying to bait their hook.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:04 pm

I'm trying to be patient and wait on the water to warm up. I catch catfish all the time, but can hardly wait for the Tuc's to get active.

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:08 pm

I was out Fri. in my kayak and the water was cold. The fishing was slow, even using live bait. The wind picked up in the early afternoon. Cant wait for some warmer water. Thanks Stan for taking my picture. Would have been better if I had a tuc to hold up for you. Next time !

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:22 pm

Chris was fly fishing and they caught about a dozen peacock bass working the shoreline. Mostly in the wood. Some next to the grass.
We also caught a few next to the grass.

We were after red devils. Didn't get a one. Nothing on live bait.

Water temperature on Friday got up to 72.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:53 pm

Stan did you try the mollies and mosquitofish from my backyard? Surprised no Reds hit them. John catch anything on his 3 weight?
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

Return to “Fishing Reports”