Lake a Mud Hole

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Lake a Mud Hole

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:30 pm

Just wanted everyone to see what Bozu wrote today.... WOW
:shock: Stan

Now you know why the tucs were so active the other day.
It was the feed before the storm so to speak. Lucky you got them when you did because today its a different story.

Heavy, and I mean heavy overnight rains have turned the lake into a mud hole again. Brown water galore gents with lots of floating flotsam and jetsom. Water level is so high it almost covered the top of the little island you pass before the bridge.

Hydrology report listed 13+ inches of rainfall in a 12 hour period.
Water over the spillway at almost 84 feet. Water level rose 12 - 14 feet overnight. Fishin anyone...

Bozu

Heavy, and I mean heavy overnight rains have turned the lake into a mud hole again. Brown water galore gents with lots of floating flotsam and jetsom. Water level is so high it almost covered the top of the little island you pass before the bridge.

Hydrology report listed 13+ inches of rainfall in a 12 hour period.
Water over the spillway at almost 84 feet. Water level rose 12 - 14 feet overnight. Fishin anyone...

Bozu

Chocoletville?
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Lrry93
King Sushi level

Postby Lrry93 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:21 pm

I was on the lake today. It was super full and you could see where it was even higher last night. I had to go recover a floating dock for a friend that broke free. I have never seen so much trash on the water. It is as thick on the surface as can be. You cannot even see water in some areas. I overheated my motor from the pee hole being clogged by the trash. We were watching fish jump over the spillway. Pretty wild. Im sure they died when they hit the bottom. There was also a sewage spill and the have signs to not enter the water at the ramp.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:47 am

I went up to lake this morning and took some pictures. Well, the little fish will have lots of grass to hide in now. How long do you think it will take to clear up? A few weeks? I called my friends and canceled the fishing trips for this weekend..... and next week too. :(

Wonder how deep the fish feeder is under the water. At least now we can reach it. LOL :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Lrry93
King Sushi level

Postby Lrry93 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:48 pm

I would say atleast 3 weeks to clear since it is supposed to rain all next week as well. I was going to check on the feeder but that whole cove was loading with floating trash. I had to cancel a trip to :cry:

Return to “Fishing Reports”