any bass in wine country?

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Boatless
King Sushi level

any bass in wine country?

Postby Boatless » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:14 am

any bass lakes/ streams up near napa valley in california? I'm planning a trip in a couple of months and hopefully I can add it to the itinerary. First time there so any info would be useful. Thanks

Boatless
King Sushi level

Postby Boatless » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:15 am

sorry. this should have been in the "general" category......

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:08 pm

I don't know much about the fishing in that part of the country. I do highly recomend taking the "Wine Train" out of Napa though. :D

I've found guides using http://www.worldwidefishing.com/fresh.htm several times. I mostly saw trout fishing when i looked at California. Try googling the towns and fishing in those areas you'll be visiting.

Should be smallmouth in a lot of those rivers, it's just that no one wants to fish for them when the salmon and trout are running... the fishing guides will know where the fish are.
Got this on Google
http://www.fishsniffer.com/dbacher/070302hennessey.html
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

JChen
master baiter level

Postby JChen » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:52 pm

Berryessa and clear lake are the only two around napa, both are awesome but from what I hear all the lake's water levels are pretty low from FDs when they were fighting the fires, might have changed by now but keep an eye out for that

Boatless
King Sushi level

Postby Boatless » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:38 am

THanks for the info guys. Just thought I'd get the consensus first before googling anything. Hopefully I'll have time to go as there are more wineries than lakes.........

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:50 am

Not in wine country up just across the Bay east of Richmond is San Pablo Reservoir, Good Spotted and Largemouth Bass fishing as well as Rainbow Trout with the occasional (German) Brown trout.
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

Return to “Fishing Reports”