Mike & Jay's Excellent Adventure

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Mike & Jay's Excellent Adventure

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:07 am

I heard them before I saw them. The laughing and shouting and cheering.
There on the tip of Blue Boat Point was a silver boat. Jay, sitting in the rear seat, bent rod in hand, and a with a smile as wide as the Grand Canyon was just landing a fish. Before I drifted up to the point, Mike had landed a nice peacock bass and Jay was again hooked up. To say they were having fun is an understatement.

I eased up to the point and snapped a few pictures. They would hook on a small live tilapia, toss it out a few feet from the boat and in usually less than 30 seconds be hooked up to another fish.

Jay ask if I had any live bait.... then reached into his live well and scooped 6 (3 to 5 inch) tilapia and offered them to me. I accepted. :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL
Within short order we landed 8 nice peacock bass averaging around 2 pounds each.

Meanwhile Mike and Jay were landing fish, laughing, shouting, and cheering. It was geting late and I had to leave. Guys, thanks for the baits. But I really want to thank you for the pleasure of seeing someone having so much fun.

Jay with a jumping peacock bass on the end of his line.
Mike with an average size fish. He had released a 4 pounder a few minutes before I arrived.
Are we having fun jet? Or What?
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:40 am

Great report Stan, last time I fish the point it was dead but it was at 3pm. What time were you guys fishing there?

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:39 am

I think it was between 5 or 6 PM ?
We got a late start because when Chris left for X-Mas Island last week he left the boat with a dead battery, no gas, and a busted trowling motor.

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:15 pm

On my last 2 trips to lake I've been running my (SLOW) electric trolling motor on my little canoe so a tad fearful I won't make it back to ramp before 6:45 pm closing if timing is off. I better start running my petrol powered motor so I can fish late and make the mad dash back before closing. :wink:

FishinFrenzy
King Sushi level

Postby FishinFrenzy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:49 am

You should do what I do. Put in across from Boy Scout island then you don't have to worry about the gate. Just takes a bit of muscle to drag my yak up the little hill but it sure is nice to not have to put in all the way at the ramp. I'm sure your canoe is pretty light, yea?
Dave

"A bad day of fishin is better than ANY day at work"

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:00 pm

This post reminded me of a horrible time my friend and I had coming back from around Boy Scout Island..... We had been fishing nearly all day in my little 10ft Jon boat, and I had two batteries with me, since my outboard was acting up. The good battery had lasted pretty much all day, and the other battery was going to be for the ride back, but apparently the battery had stopped holding a charge...it lasted all of 5 minutes. The worst part was I had forgot my paddles in the boat, so we used the lids to my battery boxes as paddles for awhile until that became too tiresome. Then we got near the shore and found some big sticks and push poled/paddled back the rest of the way with those.......I haven't forgot my paddles since!!!!!!! :D When we got back I said to my friend at least we caught fish today....he quickly said...you did, I didn't.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:13 am

Any time you need help geting back to the boat ramp, just flag me down.
I've been on both ends of the tow rope. :lol:

Return to “Fishing Reports”