FF Outdoors 9-21-12

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

FF Outdoors 9-21-12

Postby Filthyfisherman » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:33 am

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:20 am

At the very begining of the video, did you say "its September 27, 2012"?
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:53 pm

Yup,,, and I am still having fogging issues as you can see.... I heard that the Go Pro anti fog strips are the way to go! But just built a new holder for my Go Pro should fix the problem and get a better shot... .... Caught a bunch of fish that day too that I shoulda got on film..... I'll put more instructional vids out now, cause I am throwing more of My lures... Thinking about starting a Fishing Show,, having guest out!!! lol!!! maybe a beer sponsor! lol!!!!!

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:58 pm

The easy part of doing a TV fishing show is... Filming the Fishing action.

Then you do the editing... figure 4 hours editing time for each hour of video you shot.

Here is another easy part... then you buy time on the TV station. Sorry, they do not buy TV shows, they sell broadcast time. You know all those informercials you see on TV?

Then to get your money back, and hopefully to make a little profit, comes the HARD part. Sell Advertising.

First...
I highly recommend you give Ben Wong (Let's Go Fishing) or Dean Sensuia (Hawaii Goes Fishing) a call and invite them to go fishing with you. That will give you a very good idea of how actually hard it is to just film a TV fishing show.

If I was going to try to get "Sponsors"... I would put together a bunch of 1 to 2 minute, action Packed, You Tube videos... When you start getting thousands of "hits" on your videos... the sponsors will jump on board.
Keep it short, to the point and action packed...

If you check out the 30 second commercials on TV... they average from 12 to 15 different shots.
That's what your YouTube video should be... a commercial to sell you, the guy catching all the fish.

There just happens to be some products like rods, reels, clothing, sunglasses, line lures, boats and such in the video. You don't have to really even mention the products. If your successfully catching fish the viewers (and sponsors) will notice exactly what your using... we see it in movies all the time... product placement. :twisted:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:12 am

This sounds like valuable info Stan!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Hard experience... I hate selling advertising, :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”