Action! Action!

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Action! Action!

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:12 pm

:D
It was overcast when Zeek, Brent, and I started fishing... and the fish were schooling and busting shad on the surface. Around noon the sun came out so we started working the shoreline and even spotted some spawners. When the clouds moved back in around 2:30, Jeff showed up and so did the schooling fish. Overcast and the peacock and largemouth are chasing shad in the middle of the lake. The sun comes out and we move in to work the shoreline. I think the 81 to 83 degree water temperature really helped. The peacock bass were much more aggressive.

An exciting time was had by all...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The little Peacock bass were everywhere. These 1 to 1 1/2 pounders put up a great fight on 4# test spinning tackle.

This is a first for me. I didn't even see this little guy sitting on the log. He got wrapped around my line when he "fell" off the log.

I can't wait to see the Youtube videos Zeek got using his GoPro camera.

Bret got several nice peacock bass to go along with all those "little" ones.
Now this one was a challenge on the 4# test.

When the sun went behind the clouds the fish started schooling and chasing shad again. Jeff and friends were out testing some new lures they had just finished.

Not bad... first cast and Jeff hooks up with a nice Hawaii Largemouth bass.

Make that three guys that hook up on their first cast.
Imagea

The newest lure from the Filthyfisherman Bait Company.
Last edited by Stan Wright on Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:09 am

It was a work day at Filthyfishermen Bait Co!!!! We started out the day pouring some of the NEW lures I got in!!!! The new Jerk Bait in 5" and 7" and a new creature!!!! This is a routine here at FF!! We pour,, then we head out and test them out!!! I don't sell anything that doesn't work!!!!!! And Not Only that!! I am cutting down colors to the absolute colors that WORK the BEST! Cancaling out the ones the are just OK!!!! I haven't been HAPPY with a soft jerk bait in a long time!!! The previous ones I had were either hard to pour, too light, and just couldn't cast well! They All look good and work, but I wasn't happy with them! NOW I have a jerk bait I am happy with!!! The fish were attacking this lure with a higher strike rate and hook up ratio then the old ones! And Zooms! Plus the distance you can cast these lures!!! Monster!!! The first casts by all three of us we all caught fish!!!!!!! ALL 3 of us!!! IF I held my fish for a couple more seconds, I woulda got in the picture with Marcus and Chris holding there fish here in Stans post.. We didn't get a chance to throw the new creature, but Its a compliment to the 6" lizzard and brush Hawg we already have at FF...

shanai
King Sushi level

Postby shanai » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:47 am

Jeff,

Like the new boat - no wonder you're selling all the others, you need room for that one.

steve :D

Return to “Fishing Reports”