Lure over Live Bait

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Lure over Live Bait

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:18 pm

:D

Nick and Chris were at the lake again today... Loaded with live bait they were looking for the big peacock bass. We put out two live bait behind the boat and using the electric motor, slowly cruised along the shore casting lures. But the fish preferred the little 2" white Senko. There were a few bites on the bright orange goldfish, but the fish seemed to prefer the Senko.

Nick was first on the board with this colorful peacock bass.

It wasn't long before Chris was on the score board.

It was a fun afternoon with a variety of fish, both in size and species.
Some days the fish want lures over live bait... and on this day they liked the little 2", white Senkos. Just cast, raise the rod tip, and reel just fast enough to leave a "V" wake at the waters surface...

The origional 2 inch Senko. Lately, Filthyfisherman has been making a 3 inch white lure that is heavier and not nearly as fragile. Senkos have a high % of salt and tear easily. The Filthy Worm lasts for a lot more than one fish.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:08 am

Got in last night!!!! And can't wait to get out there!!!!!!!! Fishing was tough Across the Country!! NJ, PA, CA !!! Fishing tough waters tough I did manage some small guys everywhere utilizing DropShot..... The Key is the Knot,, and the lure,,, which I have customized max.... But great thing bout this lure, is that it can be a killer TUC lure!!!! I brought back some of my First MOLDS which had this 2" minnow style lure.... GOAL IS TO customize this!!!! It will be the Wilson go to!

And a little correction to Stan above,,, I make a 2.5" stick (no Name yet) ,,, And a 3.25" stick which is called the AGENT UTAH!!!!

Return to “Fishing Reports”