Report 5-14-12

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Report 5-14-12

Postby Filthyfisherman » Mon May 14, 2012 5:25 pm

Launched 1-4:45pm, 14LM Bass, Sunny, Prt Cloudy, Brezzy, WT 77 Stained 1ft, Level 75.12f, BP 29.99, Moon 28% Waning, Things were a little tough today,, Started out by BSI and around Mikimiki, schooling action was going off a bit, but didn't hook up,, Headed up kincades and landed two on the Agent Utah in Coal color a powder areodescent coloring,, Fished pretty hard for a while without landing a fish! Lost a bunch today too... I've switched to a Size 1 hook instead of an 1/0 Hook and seems fit the worms better, but loses fish more,, so 1/0 EWG hooks for Agent Utah's is Key... headed to the dam and ran into a mess of schooling LM Bass,,, Landed the rest of the fish on a wht Stanley "Wedge" 1/2oz SpinnerBait Wht..... Piled them in the boat from 3:30 - 4:30pm is Dinner Time at the Dam Iam guessing,,,. For now at least... So Fishing is a bit tough,, Look for schooling LM Bass until the water clears up.. Couldn't see many TUCS at all,,,,, But did see a TON of RED DEVILS!!!!! A TON!!!!!!!! The water is down were their nest are and they have seemed to have spawned or something, they were very aggresive today chasing lures and Staying put on their Holes even with MANU stepping on them... LOL..... So RD Throw Down May 27th is looking good!!!!! Filthy

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Tue May 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Spinnerbaits can be killer when the stars align at Wilson! Some of my best largemouth days at Wilson have been on a spinnerbait. They also caught better quality fish, helped me acure a 3 bass limit of 7.5lbs to win the Husband/Wife fish off last year :) which reminds me....when the wife gets back from school in Maryland we have to do our 2ns annual husband/wife fish off.
Luck is when opportunity and skill meet.

Return to “Fishing Reports”