You Didn't Hear This From Me !

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

You Didn't Hear This From Me !

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:18 am

:D

As the old Navy Chief use to say: The only difference between a Fairy Tale and a Sea Story... A Fairy Tale starts out "Once Upon A Time..." and a Sea Story starts out: "Now This Is No...." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now this is no "Sea Story", or "April Fools Joke"... Honest!

I started out Friday morning with Shane and Jeff about 9 AM. Jeff located some suspending largemouth right out in the middle of the lake... where he says he "usually finds suspending largemouth". (Me and about 90% of the fishermen pound the shoreline, never figuring the fish are all out in the middle.) Crank Baits and spinner baits. It was an education for me.

I tagged the 3 largemouth they caught... missed more than twice that many, they just came unbuttoned before I could net them. I'll let Jeff fill in the morning report.... sorry, no picture of Shane and his "secret" lure. :roll:

Later in the afternoon I spoke with Opy... the young lady he was fishing with landed (and took pictures) of 19 peacock bass. Live bait :twisted: Don't know how many they caught total...

A fly fisherman reported he caught several 3 pounders, and a bunch of peacocks under one pounder.

Another bass fisherman reported Largemouth and Peacocks.

Dougie had pictures of 12, count um, 12 big peacock bass. ( and he was so excited about the 6 pounder that got away at the net.) If you want to learn how to catch peacock bass, just ask Dougie to hop on your boat for a day.

Water Temperature was 77-78 inspite of the rain... (partly cloudy... right...):roll:

I'd say it was a pretty good day for everyone...
"Yes Virginia, the peacock bass are spawning."

:wink:
Last edited by Stan Wright on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:53 am

The water is clearing up.. And things are a little though... I sat up at the park yesterday.. Saw some fish caught.. 2 peacocks were caught close to the ramp.... Talking to people, it has been tough out there.... April 6th was a learning expiriance for me... Fishing with new people, using a different boat.. Morning started out looking for feeding action. The Mornings are dead! So I went to a pattern that has held up for me the past weeks.. If you have a sonar,,, This Pattern will help you get better at reading it!!! Look for suspending fish with your sonars.. Look for the thickest packs of suspending fish... I already know most of the areas, but drive around looking.. It will help you learn to use your sonar... The morning with Stan was OK.. 3 Fish and a couple lost fish.. Wont' cut it... The clear water might be effecting this pattern.. Never the less it turned into a great day..... I never relized the POWER OF THE DARK SIDE!!!!! Who wants to be on the good side,,, When the DARK SIDE is so POWERFUL!!!!!! The kids I was fishing with wanted to throw lures around so we hit a bank no one fishes. Bam! 5 LM Bass couple came off... Think we ended up with 8 on artificals first the first to 3 hours, then the last hour we switched to Live bait and got 5-6 more... Its pretty easy with live bait.. Find a spot that reloads I am thinking, A protected area adjacant to a spawning flat, cove, and close to Deep water is the typical.....

Return to “Fishing Reports”