2/19/12 HFFA Fishing Tounament

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

shanai
King Sushi level

2/19/12 HFFA Fishing Tounament

Postby shanai » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:56 pm

15 anglers in nine boats took part in the February HFFA monthly tournament.

Morning weather conditions included blustery winds and heavy passing showers, just a perfect day for fishing. The water temperature was about 71 degrees for most of the day with the water level at about 70 ft. As the day grew longer, the weather changed to party overcast with occasional sun, some light rain and occasional blustery winds but still perfect for fishing.

Tournament weigh-in at three revealed that catching was a little difficult given the perfect weather conditions but nine anglers managed to catch their three bag limit. Only three Tucs were caught however the Tucs weights were heavier in the 2-4 lb range whereas the bass were in the 1 1/2 - 2lb range.

Seems like the bass were caught using various techniques so the only common thing was that the weather was PERFECT !!!! for fishing.

steve :D

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:21 pm

:D
Also had a perfect 3 days of fishing... Fr, Sa, & Mo.
Also, experienced the perfect weather... even caught
over a perfect limit. 4 fish in 3 days. Bluegill, tiger chilled,
an 8 inch peacock and a 2# largemouth. A perfect week.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:41 am

I was "lucky" enough to catch a limit. I caught my 4th bass about 1 minute before the horn sounded. Luckily I had him on the front deck prior to the horn blast! 8) It felt like a death row inmate getting a call from the Governor at the 11th hour! :lol:
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Fishing Reports”