1-8-12

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Basshead
bass level

1-8-12

Postby Basshead » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:47 pm

Trolling motor battery was low on charge, so switched to cranking battery. It held up for six hours. Bad start with equipment, but good day for fishing. About 14 bass.There was also a club tournament going on. With the water dropping, the fish were positioning themselves where I thought they would. Towards the end of my day, I got really dialed in on them. Hopefully, you will get dialed in too and catch your share, maybe with some big ones included.
All or Nothing

KIA68
master baiter level

Postby KIA68 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:05 pm

Seems like you been killing it!! any pictures??? :roll:

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:51 pm

Fished a new lake today, Lake Russell. It was tough fishing, a front rolled through last night it was rainiing off and on. From pouring to a light sprinkle. Then about 1pm the front passed and the winds picked up. Gusts were probably somewhere around 50mph...went from glass flat and rainy to windy as heck and 3ft swells in 30 minutes. Ended up catching one nice spotted bass that was probably close to 2lbs. Before the winds picked up I found some gulls crashing blueback herring. Idled over to check it out and there were massive stripers busting on the surface. Picked up my alabama rig that I had set up with yum money minnow swimbaits cast out to a bust..let it sink a few feet..cranked it a couple turns that WHAM!! I GET HAMMERED this fish is pulling hard, I was using my heavy flippin set up so I had the drag as tight as it could go, I lossen it a bit and it starts pulling out line super fast....then....it comes off!! Reel my A rig back to the boat and it's a tangled mess,..wires bent in every direction. I check out the swim bait and see that this striper had staightened a 4/0 EWG superline gamagatsu hook! I couldn't believe it! Those hooks are stout. If it was the same fish I saw bust, based of it's back and how it pulled and straightened my hook I'm guessing it was a 30lb plus
fish!

Just another monster that got away!

Basshead
bass level

re:Ca_Bass

Postby Basshead » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:54 pm

Must be good to be fishing different waters, instead of just one lake all the time. Here, were stuck with Lake Wilson. You can really expand your knowledge on a variety of struture and cover. lucky guy.
All or Nothing

Return to “Fishing Reports”