dec 3rd saturday

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

dec 3rd saturday

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:22 pm

early start to the action today, there was a great top water bite going in the morning, we had 5 fish before 9 with the largest at 3 lbs 6 oz. and another at 2 lb 13 oz. both very healthy and great shape.still managed to pick off a few more by 10 with a spinnerbait after the morning bite had ended. it was cold cloudy but no wind till lunch. things got more sporadic as the day went by, never did get a fail safe pattern, but developed little micro patterns where you could catch a few here and there looking for similar circumstances. most fish were in the 14in 1pluslb range. had a few went 2lbs but no giants.cover varied, lures varied seemed the best method was to keep changing up till something bit then capitalize on it for an hour till it stopped then try something else. had 6 poles on the boat and wished i had more rigged up for different techniques.all in all a good day, not crowded and lots of fish think i lost count at 12 and probably had 15 by the end of the day with 5 or 6 lost. wished i could be out tomorrow ! christmas decorations await though. good luck out there

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:10 am

Congrats on a successful day on the lake! The 3#er is a beauty!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Fishing Reports”