6-5-11 REPORT

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

6-5-11 REPORT

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:34 pm

First of all, it was nice seeing so many anglers enjoying our lake. There was not a single trailer parking stall available when I arrived to the ramp at 2:30 P.M. Plenty of bank fishermen as well.

Well, the pre-storm feeding frenzy was definitely not happening today. I ended up with one Tuc, caught on a gold fly near BSA Is., a LMB caught on a 3" grub at Mikimiki Flats, along with a channel cat in the same area.

It was good to talk story with several of the other fishermen. Seems most got one here, one there. Still, it was great to be out on the water and seeing you guys!

Post up how you did.

Jesse
bass level

Postby Jesse » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Caught 3 Peacock today on the fly around BSI. Didn't catch a lot but still a fun day on the water.

marcusn
King Sushi level

Postby marcusn » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:32 pm

i got nothing! skunked......also lost my favorite bandit crankbait. hopefully ill do better next time :D

KIA68
master baiter level

Postby KIA68 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Went out around the same time today...fished around BSI, some fish busting here n there but no action. Went down to the dam and had LOTS of largemouths all over. Used spinners to catch em. Top waters, worms, or cranks didnt seem to work... After a while we decided to try BSI for the schooling tucs.....but I think they were focused on live shad only..(no action)...will try again tomorrow 8)

Return to “Fishing Reports”