Sunday 5/15

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Jesse
bass level

Sunday 5/15

Postby Jesse » Sun May 15, 2011 9:29 pm

Went out around 2:00. Water still a dirty. Went up the to North Fork Bridge, no action around there. Went back down by the dam caught a small Peacock on the fly at Blue Boat point. After that went down to Miki Miki flats caught another Peacock a little bigger, caught 2 L.M bass in the same area.No monsters still trying to figure out this fly fishing.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun May 15, 2011 9:39 pm

Congrats on at least catching a few in this murky water. Looks like those bass could use a few extra plate lunches! :evil:

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon May 16, 2011 3:00 pm

I was thinking of trying a gold color, flashy type fly to see if it would work in the muddy water. Good to hear you're catching peacocks and largemouth.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Mon May 16, 2011 6:52 pm

My friend caught a tagged tuc Sunday. # 3573 17 1/2 inches and 2 1/2 pounds. Across from BSI. Thanks

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Mon May 16, 2011 9:10 pm

I guess gold is a good muddy water color because shad and other silver colored baitfish give off gold flashes in muddy water. I guess it's not actually more visible than silver (like I thought) just more natural, at least that is what I've recently read or heard from a fishing show(can't remember which it was). It seems to make sense since a lot of those type of bait fish are translucent and reflective and gold would be a similar color to what I would imagine flashing off their scales in muddy water.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon May 16, 2011 9:24 pm

Sent the Tagged fish information to Annette, I'll let you know when she gets back to me. It wasn't one I tagged or one that's been caught before.
Aloha,
Stan
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”