Report 4-28-11

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Report 4-28-11

Postby Filthyfisherman » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:12 am

Lost the biggest Peacock Bass, probably best fish of my life yesterday. I saw people saying peacocks were spawning... They Are!!!!! Wow.. Last year when I first got here I saw this.. But never had such as success with getting them to hit lure this easily... My Agent Utah in Smoke Shad color is the Trick! I used white and other colors with not as much reaction from the Tucs.... The fish I lost Gorski and I think was 10 plus lbs.... We Fished 2:30-4:30pm... Sunny, Clearer water I looked for, WT 84. Landed two fish. Gorski got a 2lbs Tuc and I got a 1lbs Largemouth.... Never regained my composure after I lost that fish.... Not angry,,,, felt like I got bit by a zombie and turned into one....lolol... It was a great fish!!! RELINE YOUR REELS..... I knew it needed changing... Neglected it!!! Payed For It!!!!!! Lesson learned.... I got the video clips,, but I want to catch her before I show you were she is!!!!! Heres Gorski's fish

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:48 pm

Ah the one that got away,....... If it was on a nest, then you'll know where to try for it again.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun May 01, 2011 4:21 pm

Sounds like "Pedro" to me.

Last week I got a strike... that huge fish was taking line... the 50# test braid... I just held on... then the rod broke. :(

With slack line it threw the lure... Pedro the Peacock strikes again.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun May 01, 2011 6:02 pm

I wonder if it was Pedro that hit my lure today? It was the hardest strike of my life, literally. It pulled the reel right outta my right hand. I was able to hold on to the pole with my left hand. By the time I was able to try and set the hook, he had spit out the lure. :evil:

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sun May 01, 2011 8:47 pm

a new lake legend?? PEDRO the tucanare with attitude!!!

wheels
angler level

Postby wheels » Sun May 01, 2011 9:21 pm

I was out there first thing that morning shorefishing. Had about a 9" LMB on up until he jumped and spit the lure out about 3 ft from me. Went back after him and managed to have my line cut on something underwater. Second trip out to the lake with many more to come. Hope to see some of the usuals out there and get some tips.

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Sun May 01, 2011 10:17 pm

I have heard of this Pedro Pavon, he is one mean hombre.
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

shanai
King Sushi level

report 4-28-11

Postby shanai » Mon May 02, 2011 6:48 pm

In a way I wouldn't be sad at all if no-one ever caught "Pedro" especially
anyone who doesn't practice catch and release. I think having "Pedro"
in the lake adds to the mystic of Lake Wilson that there is this beast, the destroyer or rods & reels that lives in the lake, waiting for it's next victim.

Steve

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon May 02, 2011 7:45 pm

And so the legend begins,.....

I wonder if its actually a paca?

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Mon May 02, 2011 8:50 pm

last year i had a huge hit on a series 6 deep crankbait, pulled line and drug my boat from facing the bank to 180 degrees facing away, battle lasted 30- 40 seconds and never saw the fish, there was a snap and the 15lb test broke at the waterline............. at first i thought it might have been a very large catfish.......... now i KNOW it was obviously PEDRO!! the crankbait was never recovered.........

fish4fun
master baiter level

Postby fish4fun » Tue May 03, 2011 11:22 am

Can post some pics of your products and prices. And maybe tell us where and when to find you at the swap meet.
Thnx

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Tue May 03, 2011 5:29 pm

All my packs are $5 and 10 a pack for all my worms, except for the Surf Slammer (2pack), ChollBall(4pack), and both my swimbaits (2).. I bascally keep everything $5.... I can make custom colors or Glitter... I have custom made lures for Muskie fisherman in the past. Molded a baitfish "gizzard shad" and casted it... I have been doing the Swap meet every Sunday, they put me in the back row but I do have two good size banners Filthyfishermen Bait Co....

Heres my color chart.. It does need to be updated,, But here are my primary colors...

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue May 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Looking forward to seeing the Agent Utah. Any different styles of worms? Flattails? Ribbon tails? etc.

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Tue May 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Took a picture here... Shows all the lures I make,, Some Secret Weapons are not shown.....Top Secret.... I think Zoom is stealing my color schemes.. Bruised Bananna was Mine way before it came out....... lolol

Here starting top left

Surf Slammer
Frogg "My Buzz Frog, No salt Floats in water"
The Jerk "no Salt Suspends in water"
The Big Stick
Agent Utah 'also shown here in White for you guys
Swim Shank
Chunk
ChollBall
WaterMonkey
Robotron
Swim bait
Salomon Eggs
Needle Stick "no salt Suspends in water"
Crappy happy's "still work in progress"
The Beast "still work in progress"

Now the Surf Slammer and Big Stick are shown here in my Tronoble color,, its made with dual swril pour technology I came up with... Crazy color!!!! I have tons of more things up my sleave.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Thu May 05, 2011 8:45 pm

I think I had a run in with pedro the peacock a few years back. I was fishing a HFFA tournament, I had 3 tucs that were about 2lbs each. My outboard wouldn't start but luckily I found a school of tucs that stayed in one area almost the whole day. I decided to target bigger fish I thought would be hanging below the busting tucs. I tied on a big deep diving crankbait that dives to about 18ft. First cast I get hammered, it felt like one of the 15lb groupers I had caught in florida. My rod went from being at the 1030 position to about 6 o'clock position in a split second and I didn't lower it. My rod was pinned against my boat rail and this fish was ripping line for about 4 seconds then broke me off. I was using 15lb mono and was fishing in really deep water around the main basin so I know it didn't break me off on a tree or something. I have to say that the feeling I get after losing a big fish is absolutely horrible. It's even worse when I don't get to see the fish.

Return to “Fishing Reports”