Report 4-4-2011

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Report 4-4-2011

Postby Filthyfisherman » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:46 pm

Fished 2:30-6p. Sunny, Brezzy, BP 30.00r, Moon 3%, WT South78 Dam81, Water was Stained 1 ft visibility.. Landed round 10 LM bass, Lunker of 2.0lbs. I have been seeing the baitfish and tryed match the hatch with colors.. The day before I threw a color I make called SmokeShad, its blueish violet.... Today with the water being so stained, I switched to my bread n butter color I made years ago for stained water,,, Its called Mongolian Movement, its greenpumpkin with ton of glitter in it.. It dominated today..... 2.5" Agent Utah all day,, with bullet weights, 1/0 EWG hooks...... We started out on my 90 degree bank pattern and it was slow... But then I got some bites in covey areas.. So we hit coves,, and thats were they were..... Big guy came out of TUC cove? Think thats what its called????? Anyway, thats todays report, I got past the bridge south and traveled south aways, real dirty..... With the weather coming in, doesn't look like I'll start swap meet wens, maybe Sun... I ran out of White color!!!! It was old anyway... Should be showing up tommarrow, So i'll have 2.5 white sticks by end of week.. Send me a shout.... I can custom make anything you guys need, or think of.....

marcusn
King Sushi level

Postby marcusn » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:50 pm

i would like to order some senkos please! :D

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:27 pm

I'll try some too!

I'm interested in the stats your keeping about the lake conditions. I wrote down all that stuff for 2 years, and the only thing I could figure was....
1. If the water level rose a few feet, it took 2 or 3 days for things to get back to normal.
2. If the water temp. got around 80 degrees or higher... the PB would fight over your lure. Anything cooler, and they really slowed down.

Hope you can come up with something in the way of a pattern. I can't seem to figure the peacock bass out.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:44 pm

I could be wrong but I think the bass might be more sensitive to their enviroments than the tucs are. I noticed pretty much the same as you have Stan as far as the tucs. Though water clarity I think is huge as well....I don't catch many tucs when the water is super muddy, but I can still catch the bass. I think that is because the bass eat a larger variety of food and you have more options to choose from to overcome poor visibility.

Sparatic cloud cover and a slight wind seems has always seemed to enhace schooling for the tucs.

I've been reading this book called Where The Fish Are ( an anglers guide to fish behavior) and it is awesome. It really gives a great scientific aspect to fishing. It has a lot of stuff that I've known and amplified it and cleared up things I didn't really understand fully. As well as a WHOLE BUNCH of stuff I never thought of. It has many experiments that show how important certain weather conditions are and then it will tie them into fishing. I will probably read this book MANY times! Next time I'm going
through with a highlighter.

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:39 am

I've been shooting some video with my helmet cams. eventually, would like to put together a couple fishing shows.... Its a learning process...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZN2sYhIM0A[/code]

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:47 am

Yea, the wind noise at the beginning was a bit much. I'm digging Alabama for the music though! 8)

Return to “Fishing Reports”