Fri. Mar 25.

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Fri. Mar 25.

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:56 pm

:D
Shane ask me to take pictures so we would be able to show you all the fish we caught today...

Tag # 4093
Large Mouth Bass
12/ 1/2 inch
1 pound
Caught near Leon's Cove

"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:07 pm

Is that the only one? We didn't keep count but I caught 8-10 and Ca_Bass got 12-15 or more. Most were the typical 1 lb.ers with a couple of 2 lb.+ i nthe mix. Water temp was in the high 70s at best. No Tucs caught today, that I remember anyways.

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:39 am

Had a good day yesterday throwing rooster tails with my buddy. Also tested out some new stuff I make. Power fishing tho, covered a lot of water. We got round 7 fish. I lost a nice smallmouth, round 14" up north right at boat. Great to be back!!!!

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:29 pm

It's takes a strong will to throw buzz baits,
While all around you are catching bass on soft plastics.
AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

djverve05
master baiter level

Postby djverve05 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:40 pm

Hey now. I only threw the buzzbait like 5 times. The rest of the day was a Mr. Twister white 3" grub running it across the surface. I can't help that only one fish was hungry enough to take it. The rest that chased were just trying to scare it off. At least one of us caught a fish.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:58 am

A buzzbait is a deadly lure,.........when the conditions are right, when the fish are hitting top water action. The smart fishermen are the ones who figure out what the fishwant that day. Even I get stubborn sometimes wanting to keep using was was slaying the fish the day before. Conditions change, weather changes, locations change, and so the lure must change also.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:13 pm

I will throw 3 or 4 different lures on a 1/4 mile stretch, even if I have already caught a few on a certain bait. I feel the way a lure is presented under certain situations is more important that the actual type of lure you are fishing. I can't count how many time at wilson I've caught bass at wilson on 6 or 7 completely different presentations.. A lot of the shore looks the same but there are A LOT subtle differences, so I will change according to cover as well as conditions. You maximize the time your lure is in the "strike zone" or wherever the fish are mostly positioned that day. For example, a spinnerbait cast straight to the bank and reeled straight to the boat usually isn't the best choice for a bank that drops from 0 to 30ft in depth to the 20 or 30 ft from shore where you have you boat positioned. You maybe have 5ft where your spinnerbait presentation iwould be effective so unless for some reason it's working do something else. Throw a jig/worm/creature under those same circumstances and you are more effectively fishing the cover at hand. Now let's say the slope of the bank is much more gradual or no slope at all, then a spinnerbait or crankbait might be the better choice. You could probably still catch em on jigs and worms but a spinnerbait will let you cover that water quicker..and because there isn't as major slope you spinnerbait or crank will be seen by more fish. I always start my day with a pattern I think will work, but I aslo let the fish tell me what they want. If my planned pattern isn't producing for a hour or so I switch it up and usually drastically. I can't force a fish to eat...got give em what they want..unless they are spawning...then you can force em to eat :D

Return to “Fishing Reports”