Friday Mar 11 report

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Friday Mar 11 report

Postby Ca_Bass » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:21 pm

The First Annual Husband Vs. Wife Fishing Showdown went well.

There were a lot of fish caught today.

Husband found his fish on a variety of patterns. First fish was on a orange medium diving crankbait, second fish was on a redeye shad, third fish was on a 4" white senko, then husband got his jig bite going and caught 5 or so on a booyah pigskin jig, then caught a nice 3lb tuc that wasn't weighed in because wife thought it was unfair because said fish came off a bed(plus I wanted to get in back to it's nest as soon as possible), then husband got tired of loosing his jigs and switched to a 7" texas rigged senko and caught one bass, there was a bit of a dry spell and fishing efforts moved to tuc bay where husband landed another bass on a lure-jensen topwater plug. The topwater bite was a bit of a fluke and husband got his next fish on a spinnerbait. Then went on to catch another 10 or so bass on this technique, landing his two largest fish. Even caught 4 little guys on consecutive casts to one piece of cover.

Initially I thought I had about 15 fish but now that I've gone through my day I think I caught 20 or 21.

Wife got off to an early start with a bass on a spinnerbait, wife had a lot of missed fish but managed to get 2 more at the end to complete her limit on the same spinnerbait.

Final Tally:

Husband 7lbs 14oz
3lbs. 10oz----------19"
2lbs. 7 oz.----------16 1/4"
1lbs. 13oz.---------15 1/4"

Wife: 3lbs 13oz
2lbs. 4 oz.----------16 1/4"
1lbs. 0oz.-----------10"
0lbs. 9oz.-----------10

Husband holds bragging rights (and his steez) until next years tournament which will be held on Strom Thurmond Reservoir.

Now that this years challenge has concluded I will go back to giving my wife tips on the water.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:30 am

You are so sweet.
:roll:
Sounds like it's time to introduce "Wife" to "Live Bait".
:twisted:
:D :D :D
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

shanai
King Sushi level

Friday March 11 report

Postby shanai » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:14 am

Hey you're a lucky guy - you got a wife that's a keeper !!!
She fishes with you AND she let's you win as well.

Maybe you'll surprise her with that spa treatment

See you next week

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:45 am

Who knows? Maybe CA_Bass will give her the Steez and take the spa treatment for himself! :lol: j/k.....

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:13 pm

I was gonna get her the spa day either way, but she doesn't know that yet. Our anniversarry is comming up so that is what I will do for it.

I've tried the live bait with her before and she's not a fan, she likes picking the "pretty" lures out. Aslo tried the live bait with my son, but he he just wants to play with them in the livewell.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:46 pm

sometime around 6am as we all sat huddled in the morning rain in pupukea awaiting the sun to come up ro see what had happened down below. i was listening to perry and price and there was one of thier posse callers who called in reporting a "babooze" driving a boat along the freeway......... instantly i thought ohhhhhhh yaaaaaa husband /wife tournamant! hahahaha glad someone made the best of friday!

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:07 pm

I live up on the hill in makakilo so I didn't have anything to worry about. We got a late start (so I don't think I was the "babooze")and when we arrived to the lake at 915 or so the gate was locked. And I thought, what does a tsunami have to do with lake wilson. I guess the govenor didn't want to have the lake open. I did some calling around to see if it would be open at some point, and while I was on the phone with Stan the ok was given and the guy came and opened the gate. I was almost about to call it quits and postpone the tournament, which I really didn't want to do being we both took a day of leave for it.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:49 pm

hell i backed my truck upto the garage to load out and the first thing my wife said was " you better not be hitchin that boat!" hahahahaha nooooooooo id never have done that :shock: hahahahaha

Return to “Fishing Reports”