new to Wilson 9/11-9/12

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

bassfisihin10
minnow level

new to Wilson 9/11-9/12

Postby bassfisihin10 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:37 pm

me and my buddy are new to fishing lake wilson, fished from shore had a few hits both days, fished 4pm-8pm didn't land a fish. used artificial lures and live feeders from petco lol. use texas rig and california rig, am i doing something wrong? fish were everywhere could see them at the surface but nothing! i spoke with stan a couple times, nice guy, helped me out to a spot with no success yet. im told to go out on a boat, unfortunatly i am boatless lol if anyone can give me some pointers or take me and my buddy out on a boat i'd gladly supply food and beer lol. Im Terence by the way and look forward to fishing with you all!

kcandjacy
bass level

Postby kcandjacy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:12 pm

I am a shore fisherman by lack of means rather than choice. But i have had really great success as of late using live feeders and topwater poppers. The best place i have found to buy feeders is moanalua pets in the ice palace shopping center right next to aloha stadium. They cost me ten bucks for 26 extra large feeders per trip. All i do is hook them with a size 10 or 12 AH hook with no extra weight or bobbers and toss them out in possible peacock bass areas, just let the bait do the work for ya. I haven't been skunked yet ! Good luck fishin, look forward to seein ya out there one day! I'm headin to California for a few weeks in hopes of doin some trout,largemouth, and striper fishin.. Till then, Happy fishin !

asianmanofmystery
bass level

Postby asianmanofmystery » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:42 pm

Hey Bassfishin - We you the guys ordering the pizza from lakeside? I think I was fishing next to you. I am another shore person. I usually fish on Sundays. I go specifically after the catfish though.

Sunday was a particularly slow day in that spot which is typically productive for me. I got 1 hit all afternoon with 0 fish. The Sunday before was marginally better: 2 hits with 1 catfish. I guess I need to do some recon for some new spots.

Speaking of boats, I just exchanged e-mails with NuCanoe. Looks like it could be good but beyond the budget.

By the way, we should rename this thread to "Dudes who need boats". :cry:

See you around (on dry land) guys.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:10 pm

I have an aluminum hull boat perfect for a starter on Lake Wilson. As soon as I finish installing the new wood, I'll be putting it up for sale.

bassfisihin10
minnow level

Postby bassfisihin10 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:34 pm

haha yes it was me who was ordering pizza lol what a relaxing day. we actually went out this evening, got one good peacock bass, and i'd say 4-6 hits. i had one hooked but doesn't count unless you bring him in lol... he looked good size 2-3 pounds, going to keep at it until i find the right set up and bait. tried some frogs today and live bait caught with hand net at the lake. thanks for all the tips by the way! hope to see you all out there and "asianmanofmystery" i'm sure i'll see you sunday lol!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:17 pm

This should help. I'll say catching peacocks on lures is much harder than catching a LMB on a lure. That being said, this should help tons: http://www.hawaiibassfishing.com/default.asp?nc=5981&id=38

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:07 pm

tucs arent that hard to catch on lures really, live bait will always outcatch lures with any species. a simple tip is keep it close to the surface or on the surface, keep it moving at all times , the faster the better is often the case.and never stop even when they come charging up, theyll get it if they want it!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:35 pm

Anyone ever caught a PB on a buzz bait? I would think that would get them but you know how the PB can be....

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:40 pm

i have caught many on buzzbaits, but have to really hug the cover, grass or trees. and i had to downsize to 1/4 ounce ones but it'll do the trick!

djverve05
master baiter level

Postby djverve05 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:56 am

Hey RoadWarrior its Shane. I fished with you and Stan together a couple of times. I have caught a bunch of PB on buzzbaits. They usually work best late in the day. Southern Clackers are the best. The buzzbait has an extra piece of metal that hits the prop as it turns. I have caught more fish with it than any other lure I own.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:04 pm

Hey SHane, good to hear from you again! Thanks for the tip. Will definitely have to give the B-Baits a try with the PB.

djverve05
master baiter level

Postby djverve05 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:04 am

Roadwarrior I look forward to getting back out on the lake again with you guys when I get home from the middle east. It really aggravated me when I left a week later the PB started to hit schooling shad. I can't believe I missed the good fishing by a week.

Return to “Fishing Reports”