Sunday Tournament Report

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

HFFA-TC
bass level

Sunday Tournament Report

Postby HFFA-TC » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:35 pm

Not much to report-at least not by last years standards. Nine anglers showed up and caught eight fish. Remember, our tournaments are lures only, no live bait. As Stan has posted often lately, we caught a lot of bass and tucs in the 4-8 inch range. Unfortunately our minimum size for weigh in is 10 inches. There were three guys fishing from my boat and we caught a bunch in this range. None of us caught anything legal. We saw a lot of large tucs chasing our lures but couldn't get them to bite.

Of the fish that were caught (3 Bass-5 Tucs) and weighed in, the largest was a 3lb 12 oz tuc and the smallest was a 1lb 4 oz tuc. A 2lb 14 oz bass was also weighed in. All the fish were nice and fat-so they must be feeding on something. Can't be shad though, I haven't seen much of them for a while.

Looks like the tuc spawn is coming to an end. The females were nice and fat and the one male had only a small hump.

Hopefully that will signal good fishing in the months to come. This might be a good omen for the Jackpot Tournament. The fish are still few and far between but at least those that are being caught are larger. Only two more weeks till the tournament and one more week to get your applications in.
See you on the Lake

MIKE

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:28 am

Well from the sound of it, I'm on par with everyone else. I practiced last Sun. also. We caught 4 small LMB and a 1 lb. Tuc. Got a few chases from the larger Tucs but no comitments.

pogigod
bass level

Postby pogigod » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:00 am

I'm about the same finally started catching things on lures. think i finally tweaked my retrevial enough, but i'm amazed at how small the tuc and LMB that are hitting my lures
0 different species.....

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:24 pm

Well, if winning the tournament is more Luck than Skill.... I may have chance.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”