After the rain...

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

After the rain...

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Fished from Morgans Pt. up to the waterfall this morning ... Dusty landed one small largemouth bass. About 8 inches...
At 11:00 AM it started raining... (That's when I remembered the rain gear was in that box in the car)

Still no fish... Then, as the rain stopped around 11:30 we entered Tuke Bay and the peacock bass busted loose. Some largemouth mixed in too. And the biggest bluegill I ever caught at the lake. It was like someone flipped a switch and the action turned on. For the next hour it was fish after fish.

Nice aggressive fish fighting over our lures and flys. We saw some peacock bass following Dustys lures that could weigh up to 5 pounds. (Chris caught a 4 pound largemouth) It was good seeing those big peacock bass even if they didn't catch up to the lures. Dusty with a nice peacock bass that was able to catch his lure.

Let's have a closer look at that lure....

Look at the spots on this little guy.....

On the way back at 2:00 PM we stopped at Blue Boat Pt. to get rid of the 7 live bait left over from last week. Bang, bang, bang. The bait was gone in 5 minutes. The largest peacock bass was over 2 pounds. There was a school of about 10 big peacock bass swimming around the boat... but the smaller more aggressive PB kept beating them to the bait.

It was a very slow start to a great day.
Glad that Dusty was able to score some PB...
like this one on live bait at Blue Boat Pt.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:27 pm

I've got a lure just like that one above, but I think mine is broke! :oops:

Glad to hear someone woke up the fish! I caught a 3 lb.er off a point last weekend. Maybe the larger PB are starting to come alive! 8)

hef
bass level

Postby hef » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:30 pm

Had a great time out there today. Thanks a bunch Stan.
[url]if[/img]

Return to “Fishing Reports”