may 15th

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

may 15th

Postby BASSTRACKER » Mon May 17, 2010 7:26 pm

a bit late to help the weekend guys sorry. gorgeous weather,little boat traffic,water clarity was amazing like 4-6ft visibility.not as many fish around the grassbeds.still some tucs bedding. alot of dark-blackened tucs cruzing along the top aimlessly like 3-4lbers too,hope they dont die. i assumed from the stress of the spawn?? some dead ones too floating here and there.fished the grassbeds hard and nothing,spinnerbaits,buzzbaits,topwaters. moved out to points and cranked em deep and shallow.caught one monster cichlid looking thing all silver,black dot on the gillplate lotsa teeth.knocked the hell outa a rapala shad rap! thought it was a tuc it pulled so hard. moved on to a drop shot rig. i have been throwing one almost every trip trying to add to my repetoir,havent had much luck. finally got 2 12 inch bass though after many many casts.always rewarding to get a new technique to work. tuff fishing but the lake was looking healthy! saw 2 small 3 inch bass at the launch ramp,if the chart i have is correct, means they spawned in dec-jan. im pretty hopeful seeing the bluegills and bass comming back.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon May 17, 2010 7:51 pm

I heard one guy was using a fly, trying for Tucs, but started slamming the bluegills. He said he stopped counting after 30! I think he only caught a couple of bass, but the bluegills were going off! 8)

djverve05
master baiter level

Jigs

Postby djverve05 » Tue May 18, 2010 8:47 am

I caught a couple of Tucs this past weekend. Saw hundreds of them. What I have learned over the past couple of weeks is use a jig. Run the jig threw the bed, and it aggravates them. I caught 2 Tucs on the same bed. One was 3lbs and the other was about 2lbs. I tried running several lures threw the beds, but it seems the jigs are the only lures that aggravate them.

Return to “Fishing Reports”