Quality-- not Quantity

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Quality-- not Quantity

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:35 pm

They landed 3 fish today.... 3 1/2 to 4 pounds. Hooked into some others, but they ran into brush and broke the 4# test line. Lots of fish followed and gave half-hearted chases... Exciting, but no bend in the rod.

Try check the coves and shorelines with an on-shore wind. I guess it's true what they say about the wind blowing shad and baitfish into shore.

Speaking of bait.... I bet if those peacock bass were chasing a lure and not biting... they might just bite if some one tossed a live bait in the area.

Several years ago I fished with some people who did just that. The 9 year old just stood in the middle of the boat.. spinning rod in hand, and a live bait dangling in the water. Every time his Dad or Brother hooked into a fish or had a fish chase their lure, the kid just tossed the live bait into the area.
Boy did he catch the fish... twice what dad and older brother landed together. :twisted:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Postby kahuna bass » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:26 am

Stan,

I think it's time for some big live baits!!

I wish I was back in Honolulu, got to suffer here in Guam for another three weeks.

Bass regards, Mel "Kahuna bass"
Darkside live baiter :twisted:
If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:23 am

Let me know if you can "stop over" for a little while on your return. I'll start geting some "big" baits. :lol:

"Come over to the Dark Side, Luke."
"Use the live bait."
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”