fishing saturday

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

fisher dude
King Sushi level

fishing saturday

Postby fisher dude » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:43 pm

Took a buddy of mine fishing this evening brought a lot of bait and just the way it goes not as much tucs as the other days i didnt have enought bait. fished for about two hours untill the sun went down.
Last edited by fisher dude on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crash
King Sushi level

Postby Crash » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:03 pm

Hmmmmm.....Nice stringer, but did you really let them go? :shock:
Crash

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:10 pm

Come on buddy we live in hawaii on a island with ahi,mahi mahi,ono and other good saltwater fish did you ever see how polluted lake wilson is for god sake there a sewer plant dumping sewage straight in the water! strictly for sport!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:03 pm

I don't feel so bad for missing some fishing then. You never can tell when they are gonna hit.

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:27 am

Roadwarrior how long till your boat gonna be back on the water! Let me know if u get itchy you can jump on with me there around caught about 10 good sized ones yesterday on the same point but I think a lot. Moved off got to look for um!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:05 am

The boat isn't the hold up. Its good to go. Too many other proects in the garage keeping me from fishing. :?

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:16 pm

We fished Tuke Bay, Morgans Pt, and back toward the dam on Saturday. Never did see any schooling fish from Noon to 4....

Did catch some small peacock bass and red devils on live bait.
Water temperature was 73.

Got a call that the action was going on near Keemo Island so we went over and saw some schooling peacock bass. They were only popping the surface for a few seconds at a time.... and usually out of casting range...
No bites on live bait, but we did catch a few on small gold CastMasters when they were in casting range.... Only fished there a 1/2 hour.... All three of our wives call to tell us to "get home right now."
Think I'll start fishing at 4:00 PM.... and bring lots of live bait.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:06 pm

I usually start fishing about 4:00 any earlier is tough fishing brought a bunch of bait yesterday and they came around late about 5-530 maybe because it was a Saturday
Boats were flying past the tucs! weekdays the lake is a lot quieter.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:26 pm

I'd be willing to take a day off from work to go out on the lake. I'll see if I can wait till Pres. Day......

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:26 pm

Fished for a couple of hours across from boy scout island at the public fishing area on Monday. It was getting dark and I was about to call it a day, but got a jarring strike on a red Lew's crankbait (cheap stuff from Bass Pro Shops). It was about 3 pounds. Salvaged my day and got rid of the "skunk!" Sadly, my average catch is either one or zero. Just gotta keep plugging away. "Never Give Up!"--Mike Iaconelli.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Postby kahuna bass » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:26 am

skunked wrote:Fished for a couple of hours across from boy scout island at the public fishing area on Monday. It was getting dark and I was about to call it a day, but got a jarring strike on a red Lew's crankbait (cheap stuff from Bass Pro Shops). It was about 3 pounds. Salvaged my day and got rid of the "skunk!" Sadly, my average catch is either one or zero. Just gotta keep plugging away. "Never Give Up!"--Mike Iaconelli.

Skunked,

Your right, you just gotta keep plugging away!! Heck, at least your bass fishing. I still have'nt wet the line this year.

Just maybe, maybe, when I get home this week(in Singapore), I'll sneak out and get a couple hours in. I had hope to get some Peacock fishing here, but with Chinese New Year, most of my friends are out with family.

Well, maybe next time. By the way, some of the water ways here in Singapore, have Peacocks up to 15lbs. I've seen a couple pictures, with fish over 12lbs. Nothing like Central/South America, but stll very nice size fish.

Good luck, Mel - Kahuna bass
Darkside live baiter, without a fishing pole in hand :evil:
If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

Return to “Fishing Reports”