Interesting Day

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Salmon_Slayer
angler level

Interesting Day

Postby Salmon_Slayer » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:55 pm

Well the day started of the day right off of Kunia road and didnt get a single hit. saw alot of fish going to the top but, most of them were oscars coming up to get in on the bugs that had landed on the top. After that moved over to the freshwater state park. Got down there around 8:oo am and didnt really see to much action till we moved around abit. Small crankbaits went out the window today. It was all about the 1 to 1 1/2 size with a slower retrieve. Used Green and white with sparkles and the very first cast landed a tuc, about 3 later had a largemouth, and then some fish that I have never seen before(looked like a version of a crappie but didnt have the right mouth but was silver with red eyes) took the bait but couldnt eat it so he managed to get hooked in one of the tail fins. Thought that I had a really big fish til I saw where the hook was and realized why the fight was as good as it was. Will post photos in the next day or so. If anybody can tell me what this fish was please do?

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:03 pm

Without seeing a pic of it, I'll guess some variation of a red devil. There are some white ones out there.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Sounds interesting.... can't wait to see the picture.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”