Back from Texas (picture)

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:18 pm

Old thread revival FTW!
Just booked our next trip on Lake Fork for late march!! Almost exactly a year after our last guided trip there. Trying out a different guide this time because the other guy was already booked. We will be in Texas to visit my in-laws and to celebrate our first anniversary.
Hopefully we can catch some nice ones and I can improve upon my personal best. I also hope I don't "make A"(bringing back old slang from 20 years ago!) by backlashing his reel on my first cast.
Last edited by skunked on Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:41 pm

Lake Fork? I thought she was from South - East Texas.
Enjoy some Tex-Mex for me.... MMMMMMMMMM Good.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:53 pm

Stan Wright wrote:People not living in Hawaii just don't realize how excited we get over visiting a big fishing store on the mainland. When you live in a place that doesn't sell any freshwater gear and you have to order everything from a catalog...... visiting Bass Pro is a dream come true and Christmas and your birthday all in one. LOL
Stan

I'm in Arizona right now, there is a Cabellas about 8 minutes away :D

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:24 am

Thanks for the good luck wishes on that other thread. I am pretty excited about our trip. Even if we don't catch as many, I'll still be happy for all the reasons Mel mentioned. I decided to take my Antares AR and my Scorpion 1501, both spooled with 15 lb. P-line CXX. This line is really strong but has mega memory issues. It was recommended by one of the guides, so that's why I'm using it. I follow the expert's advice always. I might buy some KVD line conditioner at BPS to tame the line. I also cleaned and re-lubed with Hot Sauce oil and grease. Great stuff.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

bsp
master baiter level

Postby bsp » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:17 pm

Be sure to bring some Bluegill imitators for the bed fish! Baitsmith MadGill and Mattlures Ultimate Bluegill come to mind.

Return to “Fishing Reports”