Report 12-7-2011

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Report 12-7-2011

Postby Filthyfisherman » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:26 am

Launched 1-5:30pm with MarcusN 9 LM Bass, Sunny, Prt Cloudy, S wind 4mph, BP 30.15 S, Level 78.2, WT 74- 71. Fishing was kinda tough, but marcus and I still kinda killed it.. I like being a guide. Its a different view torwards fishing and I am starting to like the challenge. We headed North somewhat close to the bridge and Marcus 2nd cast landed nice LM. 2lbs On Wood in 5-8 ft water, On the FF Agent Utah 3" in SmokeShad color with a 1/8oz SK Tung Bullet in GrnPumpkin Color!!! This caught ALL the bass today! Then headed way North to the Falls and Marcus landed another nice bass. 2lbs, 17". Tagged 0642. Not 100% on the number.. It looked OK. Then we headed back fished a bank up there and Marcus landed 2 more LM... At this point I really wasn't fishing that hard showing marcus around, but I didn't want to get skunked.. So I kicked it into gear and stopped in a cove with wood and landed a nice LM bass. Hit the Kincades on way back more wood landed another LM but broke at the knot when I was trying to Flip him... 6lbs Berkley vanish Fluro... Polomar Knot. 1/0EWG Gamagatsu Hooks. Lazy.. I still like the berkley vanish Fluro for my light tackle.. But P line Fluro is better... Then we headed to first spot we got skunked at "Flower Gardens".. Fished little bit wood and banks, but Marcus got a new Baitcaster setup from Santa,, and I wanted to get him throwing it! 1/2oz spinnerbait Silver willow leaf blade! Fished windy point, Nada.... I threw another "Secret Weapon" that has proven it's self! Time and time again,, Nada...... So we headed to kemo island to let manu stretch his legs and go for his swim,, and I noticed some activity going on.... So we threw the spinner and "secret weapon" which shoulda been ideal for the situation but Nada.... So I picked up Manu and headed around the island throwing the AGENT UTAH!!!!!.. Saw a blow up, Threw at it. Bang, Bass... saw another blow up,,, Bang Bass.. Marcus, Same deal.. We were slamming them,, Then,,,, Over.... All in all,, long day,, but some good action!!!! Marcus and I put a good day of work in. Just another day at FF Bait Co!

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:37 pm

:D

Jeff, I got a reply from Annette about Tag 0642.
It was tagged by DAR on 11/13/2003
So it's been free for 2977 days.
When it was tagged it was 8 inches long.
And grew 9 inches.

Thanks for adding information about the bass.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

marcusn
King Sushi level

Postby marcusn » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:44 pm

not bad for my first tagged bass!

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:56 am

:D
You did good....
The tagging program gives us information about the health and movement of the fish... hopefully that information will help make Lake Wilson a better place to fish.
Thank you for your participation.
Aloha,
Stan
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”