12-23-11 Report

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

12-23-11 Report

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:55 pm

I did a little bank fishing this evening to relax a bit. I lost quite a few lures but I ended up catching one of the largest LMB and one of the most sickly LMB I've caught in a long time.

The pic angle doesn't do it justice. Easily over 3 lbs.!

And the sickly LMB

Sorry, I leave the tape & scales behing when climbing over the rocks to get to my secret location! :D .
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

KIA68
master baiter level

Postby KIA68 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:23 pm

Eat buddy eat!!!! :( ....sad to see

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:15 am

I have decided when I come back, to at least spend a day or two on HUNTING Red Devils!!!!!! I have to test my smaller line of lures that I make anyway! Agent Utah3", 2" Stick, Stinger, grubs, n nymph.!!!!! Pull out some crazy pan fishing techniques! The Red Devils need to be harvested!!!!! Bad!! Maybe lifting limits would be a great move too.. fighting over Robin Run resivior PA the PA Bio said lift limits is most successful way to transplant fish more than so electrode fishing! They lifted the limits on a pocono resivior to transplant bass, transplant 10,000 fish! Doing a little research here while I am back. Going over my logs past years and notes... Talking to my buddy DCNR here next week before I head back! Stopping Bass pro in Pa and Ca, anyone needed anything send a shout!

Nice fish Tommy !!

Filthy

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:43 am

The second fish is a prime example of why the HFFA is paying for a professional fisheries biologist to fly in from the mainland to evaluate our lake. I'm thinking the cichlids and "catch & release" law may be part of the problem, but we'll see what an expert says.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

marcusn
King Sushi level

Postby marcusn » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:33 am

boy do i love those stingers. if you want to catch a smallmouth use one of those guys.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:42 am

Pics of a stinger please? I was hoping for smallies but got none. Thats fishing I guess!

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:19 pm

:D
Yea, what is a stinger...? Also please post a picture of those "shaky head jugs" you fish with too.

Roadwarrior... is that the largemouth bass that was 16 1/2 inches long and weighed only 1 pound?
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Different one, unfortunately. :cry:

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:21 pm

Stan Wright wrote::D Also please post a picture of those "shaky head jugs" you fish with too.

Shaky head jugs...are they the bouncy...nevermind. :oops: :twisted: :P
Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear.

I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger than they really are.

Life List: 386 species and counting

http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca ... -list.html

fish4fun
master baiter level

Postby fish4fun » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:37 pm

I fished friday afternoon. Just A few isolated busts that seemed to be the little roving lmbs. Only one other boat in the water and they said they had caught one lmb. After a couple hours switched to medakas and tried morgans and bbp. Caught 1 dink at each location.
I di try to make it to the headwaters, but came to a dock someone built. Looked a little narrow to pass, so turned back.
Anyone know the scoop on the dock.?

fish4fun
master baiter level

Postby fish4fun » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:51 pm

That lmb is just so sad. Caught many skinny ones but not that bad, seems that between the tucs outcompeting them for fish and red devils eating the crays, combined with extended periods of low water where the forage is left without grass for cover, the poor lmbs are getting squeezed out of the equation.
Looks like it's time to at least temporarily try a slot limit on tucs, and maybe supplement with crays.
Not sure about this, but a friend mentioned that there are a variety a crawfish, and some species like to borrow, which is not good for earthen dams. Something that needs to be checked out before doing any crawfish planting.

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:36 pm

Not saying the limit is part of the problem,, but will help me put a dent in the over populated Red Devils if I can pull 50 at a time or more. Free up more food for the good fish... Auburn university is perfecting managing bass hatcheries, offering a under grad and grad degrees torward the field.. Finding great info on the web and at university Penn library archives... Ebscohost! The American colleges data base has every piece info you need, but need a valid student ID or library card to access.. I got my ways tho! Unfortunately I don't have my laptop here in PA to post pic of that stinger, but will show when I get back end of the week.

marcusn
King Sushi level

Postby marcusn » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:29 pm

just got to find my camera then ill have a pic of that stinger up soon.

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:35 am

Hey Marcus! Be ready to bass fish when I get back!!!! One of my retail locations shut down here, and I'm bringing tons left over lures back. So we can shut down the factory for a little so we can work on testing and developing lures! Shoots

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:18 am

:D

GARAGE SALE !

Who thinks we should have a Garage Sale?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”