May 5th Report

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

May 5th Report

Postby Stan Wright » Sat May 05, 2007 7:37 pm

The water level is dropping and starting to clear. I would guess a foot or two. Made it easier to see all those red devils and peacock bass.
The red devil action started picking up in the afternoon. But all in all they were pretty spooky and not to interested in biting.

Peacock bass were still on the spawning beds. We caught a few of the ones just swimming around. Size ranged from 6 inches to just under 3 pounds. Some of those little ones were schooling and chasing shad. Clay called it a "Popcorn Bust".... (all little baby peacock bass and very scattered action.)

A nice relaxing day on the lake.
Stan

"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Lrry93
King Sushi level

Postby Lrry93 » Sun May 06, 2007 9:29 pm

I went out today for 5 hours and hooked up with 8 P bass, 1 Largemouth and 1 Channel cat on a crank bait. Not a bad day at all. I also hat a P bass straighten the hooks on a crank bait with Gamakatsu hooks. It was stripping drag out and then it was gone :(

Who reads the tags? The largemouth had one on it.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon May 07, 2007 7:02 am

If you can give me the tag number, date, location, weight and length of the fish. (or any of the above) LOL I'll pass it along to Annette.
Thank you,
Stan

FishinFrenzy
King Sushi level

Postby FishinFrenzy » Wed May 09, 2007 7:22 pm

Stan,
Why is your friend dressed up like he is a honey bee tender? Just curious what all the clothing and gloves are for. It looks pretty hot wearing all that while fishing in the sun. 8)
Dave

"A bad day of fishin is better than ANY day at work"

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Thu May 10, 2007 6:23 am

Those are special clothing to protect one from the sun. SPF 30. The "Sun Clava (hood) is $20 and "Sun Gloves" $15. They are made by Simms. Clay sells them at Nervous Water. I hate sunburn on the back of my hands. I got mine from Cabela's...

I wear the long sleeve shirts. SPF 30 or 40? You can pay from $25 to $45 depending on the brand or what's on sale.

Add some sun screne and your all protected. I visit my "Skin Doctor" every 6 months. (Found and removed a "cancer" looking something from my nose last month) Can't be to careful.

Believe it or not, it's cool.

Return to “Fishing Reports”