9/27/11 Report

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

9/27/11 Report

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:44 pm

I was able to squeeze in a half day of fishing. Since I have my favorite lure and favorite spots where I know I can catch, I've been experimenting with various lures, techniques, and locations. Although this is probably one of the biggest LMB I've caught in a long while, it still appeared quite sickly looking. It weighed 3 lb. 13 oz. I could stick my hand all the way in its mouth but his belly looks very empty. On a better note, I caught a few healthy 1.5-2 lb.ers. Also caught several peacock fingerlings that were doing well.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:09 pm

summer time and the hot water makes thier metabolism go into overdrive im sure thats part of the equation. i know they feed on smaller red devils but the bigger guys may be to daunting?? larger forage is looking more and more like the solution............. and crayfish!! lol lotsa crayfish!!

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Nice Fish!!! Need get a timer for that Camera, get u in pic's! I have been leaning the camera against a Planco Box, gives u that 45 degree angle showing you and the fish, but not ur spot!!!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:09 pm

Good idea Filthy.

Also, I forgot to mention, I caught this "almost" 4 lb. LMB on a Filthyfisherman lure. If you want to be successful at catching bass, see Filthyfisherman for your lure needs! 8) Thanks again Filthy for the lures. They work great!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Fishing Reports”