sunday report

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

marcusn
King Sushi level

sunday report

Postby marcusn » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:40 pm

fun day today, tucs were very active, all caught on live bait and 4 pound mono. i cant decide which one is stronger. berkley xl, maxima, or bass pro brand. the xl is super smooth but twists after a few hard fights with tucs. but it is the cheapest out of the bunch. my favorite is maxima but its pretty expensive. i think its worth it. my dad fishes with the bass pro brand, he seems to like it. all stood up to the intense battles with these 2-3 pound tucs though.

a skinny largemouth, would've been a 3 pounder if it was proper size.

the "bigger fish" trick

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:35 am

Nice Tucs. I had a great day on the lake as well. I caught around 25 LMB, all on the same lure. Probably 90% of them before noon. Most were in the 1 1/4# range. Only caught one busting Tuc though. They were going off around BSA Is. in the early morning. All in all, a great day of catching fish.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

marcusn
King Sushi level

Postby marcusn » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:33 pm

what lure did you use? i tried a zoom finesse worm but only got snagged.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:45 pm

Most any plastic worm will work, just rig it Texas style (weedless). A purple ribbon tail is classic for catching bass.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Fishing Reports”