7/31/11 Sunday afternoon

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Jesse
bass level

7/31/11 Sunday afternoon

Postby Jesse » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:35 pm

Took a cruise this afternoon. Fished around blue boat point looking for schooling fish, no action. Went to Miki Miki flats there was some fish chasing bait. Had a few tucs chase my fly. Finally caught a nice tuc chasing shad.

chipster621
bass level

Postby chipster621 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:51 pm

Nice catch. We saw you bringing it in. I hooked a tuke near the grass with a senko but it unhooked when we tried bringing it into the boat. My wife however brought in a LMB using a "blaze" and a medium-slow return.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:50 pm

Jes, That picture is crystal clear. Great photo!
Chip, that LMB looks to be pretty healthy. Did you get a length/weight?
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

chipster621
bass level

Postby chipster621 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:13 pm

@roadwarriorsvt, sorry no. I'll have to remember to bring a ruler, or find one of those you can tape to the boat. As far as weight goes, I'd need to buy a scale. What kind of scale should I get, and don't tell me to get a Boga, something cheap yet accurate enough for your needs.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:30 am

When I first started fishing the lake, I got a cheapie spring scale from Walmart. After catching a large Tuc I regretted it. The scale read 6.5 lbs. I don't know how accurate that cheap scale was, so I bought a Rapala digital from Brian's Fishing Supply on S. King St. Cost somewhere around $30.00. Its supposed to be accurate to w/i 1/4 oz.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Fishing Reports”